PLEASE HELP me identify this "larvae" on pool wall!

dck696

Jun 29, 2014
Cedar Hill
I hope I'm loading these pictuers correctly, there are two.

Saltwater above ground pool two years old. These "worms" attach either to the steps or to the pool wall at the water line. They are clear, like a gel, attached on a "string" or directly to the wall with a tiny brown dot. When I magnify the pictures with my phone, there are teeny reddish brown "seed" looking things in a zig zag pattern through it. It's about 1" to 1-1/2" long, and the water return makes them just swish around. My water stays very clean and I can't come up with where they are coming from. If I clean them off, they are back almost overnight.

I dont' know what in the world they are, I don't let them stay long enough to see what happens to them. My pool place doesn't know what they are. I've looked up bloodworms, and the larvae doesn't match.

I have a tree frog that stays on my deck, and I caught it once on the wall of my pool. But I looked up frog larvae, and can't match a picture of that, either.

Can anyone else PLEASE help me with identifying this?

Attachments

• 20160908_131710.jpg
    20160908_131710.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 20160908_131726.jpg
    20160908_131726.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 114
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.