Great Value Bleach ?

TizMe

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 26, 2007
Covington, Georgia
My neighbors went last weekend and bought 10 -186oz jugs of bleach (on them I might add) . Some of the bleach was Walmart brand that I have always used but they also bought a bleach called "Great Value" bleach. Has Walmart changed the bottle? I checked for the ingredients and its says 6% on it ?

The reason I'm asking is because its taking forever for the pool to clear up and last time I used an "off brand" bleach it was no good ...

Yep, the old bottles had "Great Value" in small letters, while "Ultra Bleach" was in large letters. The new bottles just say "Great Value" with "Bleach" written underneath it. It's part of Walmart's marketing department trying to convince people that the "new" Great Value stuff is somehow better than the "old" Great Value stuff. But the bleach does still say 6% on the bottle.

I just bought 8 of the newly labeled ones. What I did notice was that the Great Value Ultra was 174oz for $2.54 and this one is 182oz for $2.54 so we're gettin a lil bit more! 8)

I was worried about buying the Ultra, because it said that it gives a fresh "scent" to your clothes. (can't remember the exact wording) Does that mean there are extra fragrances added in, or are they just saying that it makes your laundry smell fresh?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
jefeyessica said:
I was worried about buying the Ultra, because it said that it gives a fresh "scent" to your clothes. (can't remember the exact wording) Does that mean there are extra fragrances added in, or are they just saying that it makes your laundry smell fresh?
Some of the GV bleach does contain fragrances, but it should say which fragrance on the bottle. You want the unscented kind. Double check the label.

Off-topic, I was looking for some images of the bottle and came across this page. The poster is essentially complaining because they spilt bleach on their countertop and now they are ****** at their Walmart about the white spot. :hammer:

Here is what the new bottles look like compared to the old.

The one on the right is the one they got. It just shocked me to see Wal Mart change thier label and since I dint buy the first batch it caught me off guard since I had bought a cheaper brand of bleach from the discount store with no success with it.

I work for Wal-Mart and can tell you they are making all of their store brand labels basically white because "white stands out when there is a lot of colored labels on the shelf". Still all of the same products. They are just trying to draw the customers attention.

Susan

Just went to my local WalMart yesterday to get my monthly supply of bleach. I couldn't find the generic Great Value bleach anywhere. They only had Clorox. I asked the clerk and he said he hasn't seen it recently either. I double-checked the ends of the aisle and found nothing. I checked the empty shelves in the area and couldn't even find the price label for where the Great Value bleach should be.

Anyone else have this problem? I hope they restock soon. This is the only convenient and cheap place to buy bleach that I know of near me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.