Leak in pool pump housing?

geocacher

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 2, 2010
Wilmington, NC
I am posting a picture of my pump housing to show where water is leaking out. There is a glob of marine putty where I attempted to seal what seemed like a pinhole. That lasted about 3 weeks! You can see where the water is dripping down and I also noticed a pool of water up near wear the white pipe is coming into the housing. Can anyone tell what part I am looking at trying to replace? Also good place to purchase online or pool store?
Thank you for your time and advice!
Lisa

Attachments

• IMG_3462.jpg
    IMG_3462.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 61
Went through a similar exercise (although my leak was at the bottom) and this is what I would do (I am a first year owner so I am sure others have more insightful comments):
1. for the "pinhole" - you may have worn-out seals (connected to your impeller) and replace them (you can search youtube and that's what I did) I bought my parts on Amazon - Amazon.com : Pool Pump O-ring Seal Repair Kit For Hayward Super Pump SP2600, 1600, 2600X Kit 3 : Swimming Pool And Spa Parts And Accessories : Patio, Lawn Garden
2. AND replace the gasket that comes with the kit
3. as for the "top" - I am having a same issue with my polaris pump pipes and going to removed / reinstall / reglue - I am going to do some research on this

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.