Gunite Pool Builder Recc in South Jersey/Favortie Equipment

duke33

Sep 11, 2016
Voorhees, nj
Hey guys, I am new to the form and considering a new construction of a gunite pool in 2017. Have a bunch of questions so please bear with me. Looks like I will be having a free form gunite in-ground pool roughly 38-40ft long x 18-20 ft wide (haven't confirmed size yet) with a attached raised spa. Live in Cherry Hill NJ area.

Question 1: Pool Builder Reccs: Was trying to get recommendations on which builders to have come by for a quote. Some of the more reputable builders in the area are as follow: Van Brill Pools, Brunetti Pools, Swim-mor pools, Budds Pools, Anthony and Sylvan, Seasonal World. Was curios if you guys have and experience with these builders in regards to quality of build, workmanship etc?

Question 2: If starting from scratch, what is some of your favorite pool equipment per category and pool upgrades if you could do it all over again? I want to keep long term costs and efficiency in mind when choosing equipment to keep recurring bills as low as possible if equipment upgrade is worth the cost. I have put in parenthesis things I am leaning toward based on forum perusing for a while.

Filter: (lean toward cartridge; Jandy or Pentair?)
Pump (Lean toward VS Pump- ?Pentair Intelliflo?)
SWC (?Autopilot?)
Heater for Pool/Spa - (?Heater vs Heat Pump) [If heater Jandy LXi vs Jandy High E2)
Deep End Depth Recc (No diving board in pool so debating 6-8ft)
Deep End Drainage - Deep end Drains (2) vs Deep water outlets at corner of deep end side wall junction
Pool Plumbing - Leaning toward at least 2.5" on the suction side and 2" on the return side; individual runs for 2 skimmers and main drain
Spa Recc: 8 jets, ?Own Var Speed speed pump, Air Blower
Spa Plumbing: install 3" return and suction
Auto Fill:
considering a waterfall feature leading to evaporation
Safety Cover Recc?

Thanks so much in advance

Re: Duplicate post

Hi!!!! I am glad to see a new pool to build and spend money on!!!

TFP is mainly a forum to teach people how to care for their pool. Saying that the under construction part has grown quite a bit. I am telling you this to help you understand why there almost no companies named here. We have found it causes less problems in the long run.

You are welcome to PM anyone to ask who their builder was. Most people have their location by their names.

Equipment-both brands are good. Some people have found they get a better warranty if they buy a package deal. Just something to think about.

I think you could learn a lot from reading some build threads. They will give you a good snapshot of what is about to happen in your life!

:kim:

I have an autopilot SWG. Very happy with it but it is not compatible with my AQUALINK automation. In retrospect I wish I went with the Jandy SWG even if it is not as good because I would prefer to be notified of any issues In real time

One of the builders you mentioned Subs out all the work (which I think is a negative in terms of scheduling and warranties) and makes you sign a waiver when you use a SWG and have stone work. Both of those issues precluded me using them.

Good luck on your PB search. Remember, the best way to vet a PB is through references. When you start calling in PBs for quotes, ask them to provide references for pools both recently built (within a year) and pools several years out. Then call those people on your own (don't let the PB handle the contact) and get a feel for both the quality of work, the professionalism of the process and any pitfalls. A good PB will happily supply a book full of references. References, references, references...

As for equipment, you'll will do best to keep it all in the same manufacturer. So either all Pentair, all Hayward or all Jandy. Mixing and matching is a recipe for compatability problems. Personally I like Pentair but their stuff is definitely more pricey than the others and their warranties are more strict.

Thanks so much for your replies, I truly appreciate it. Wasn't sure whether to keep all same manufacturer of try to get best manufacturer of each piece. Whats your thought on plumbing reccs as well for pool and Spa

Honestly speaking, if I could redo my pool, I would get rid of the attached spa and add more of a Baja deck/sun shelf with bubblers and build a separate slab for a stand-alone hot tub. I don't use my spa nearly as much as it should be used so it's kind of waste.

Was there something specific about a spa plumbing you were considering?

Would also recommend taking a look at Landi Pools & Spas out of Vineland, NJ. He offers a complete package including cover and closing it and opening it the following year.

Hey guys, I am new to the form and considering a new construction of a gunite pool in 2017. Have a bunch of questions so please bear with me. Looks like I will be having a free form gunite in-ground pool roughly 38-40ft long x 18-20 ft wide (haven't confirmed size yet) with a attached raised spa. Live in Cherry Hill NJ area.

Question 1: Pool Builder Reccs: Was trying to get recommendations on which builders to have come by for a quote. Some of the more reputable builders in the area are as follow: Van Brill Pools, Brunetti Pools, Swim-mor pools, Budds Pools, Anthony and Sylvan, Seasonal World. Was curios if you guys have and experience with these builders in regards to quality of build, workmanship etc?

Question 2: If starting from scratch, what is some of your favorite pool equipment per category and pool upgrades if you could do it all over again? I want to keep long term costs and efficiency in mind when choosing equipment to keep recurring bills as low as possible if equipment upgrade is worth the cost. I have put in parenthesis things I am leaning toward based on forum perusing for a while.

Filter: (lean toward cartridge; Jandy or Pentair?)
Pump (Lean toward VS Pump- ?Pentair Intelliflo?)
SWC (?Autopilot?)
Heater for Pool/Spa - (?Heater vs Heat Pump) [If heater Jandy LXi vs Jandy High E2)
Deep End Depth Recc (No diving board in pool so debating 6-8ft)
Deep End Drainage - Deep end Drains (2) vs Deep water outlets at corner of deep end side wall junction
Pool Plumbing - Leaning toward at least 2.5" on the suction side and 2" on the return side; individual runs for 2 skimmers and main drain
Spa Recc: 8 jets, ?Own Var Speed speed pump, Air Blower
Spa Plumbing: install 3" return and suction
Auto Fill:
considering a waterfall feature leading to evaporation
Safety Cover Recc?

Thanks so much in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.