Pentair easy touch keeps turning on my spa light

Dec 9, 2012
Need some ideas for this one. I have a Pentair easy touch control panel inside the house. The spa light turns on randomly once or twice a day. I have confirmed I only have a low speed (I have a variable speed pump) and a high speed pump scheduled. I have nothing else scheduled. It seems like I have a short or something. I'm at a loss. I have tried resetting the easy touch to factory default setting and rescheduling the programs. Yet, the spa light keeps turning on at random times. Any thoughts?

Try switching the spa lights to a different relay inside the panel. If that helps, then the relay the light was on could be bad or the driver on the main logic (personality) board could be bad. The relays are cheap enough to replace but a bad driver on the personality board would be a more expensive fix.

Do you have a remote at the spa? Is one of the buttons assigned to the spa light? If so, try disabling or turning off the remote. This can be done through the indoor remote panel.

MENU/scroll to "spa side", each press of the select button will toggle the remote on or off. Then back out of the menu (menu button).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.