Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Video Projector Recommendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Video Projector Recommendations

Greetings....Hoping there are some AV junkies on TFP. I'm looking for recommendations for a video projector. I'm wanting to have something that I can hook up to my satellite receiver and watch the race and football during the day out by the pool. Doesn't have to be HD or anything high-end.

Thanks.....
    New Pool: Goldline Aqua Logic, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Spa, Polaris QT Blower, Gunite w/ Pebble Tec, 10K Gallons

Old Pool: david-and-kristy-s-pool-build-t8676.html

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Video Projector Recommendations

I like samsung for my electronics, keep and eye on the price for replacement bulbs for the projector.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at an Infocus with 2400 lumens. It has a new replacement bulb. I'm discovering they are very expensive to replace - sometimes more than what the projector is worth.
    New Pool: Goldline Aqua Logic, Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter, Hayward Heater, Spa, Polaris QT Blower, Gunite w/ Pebble Tec, 10K Gallons

Old Pool: david-and-kristy-s-pool-build-t8676.html

4. Back To Top    #4

Is going to be difficult to see any projector outside just because the sun is so much brighter.

DLP projectors will probably get you the most brightness for the money, but with bright sunlight hard to do.

The bulbs are very expensive and in general there brightness drops by half each year of use.
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.

5. Back To Top    #5

I learned quite a bit at projectorcentral.com before I bought one.
    20K IG Vinyl Pool, 1HP Hayward SuperII Pump, Pentair Tagelus TA 60D Sand Filter, AutoPilot SC-48 SWG, Letro Legend Cleaner