tphaggerty

tphaggerty

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
Poughquag, NY
I am another active PoolForum user (thanks Ben & moderators). Have had a 20x40 IG vinyl, SWG, solar heating, recently self installed multi-speed Ikeric pump, Pool Rover Plus, Pool Buster. Had pool for 2 years, this is my third season. The PoolForum made a HUGE difference in how I had my pool built and in how I run it (I shiver at the thought that I almost went with Bacaquil). Since that site is *possibly* in trouble, TFP seemed like the place to be.

I am a forty something self employed computer analyst, transplanted to NY from San Diego. Three kids and a pool loving wife. I tend to get really focused on something when I want to do it right. I love the fact that these forums help folks like me out and then give us the opportunity to help others.

Our pool is set away from the house, it almost feels like we have a little resort in the back. As with many others, we had problems and heartaches when we were building (from the town, a neighbor, a little bit with the PB, construction and equipment decisions, etc.) - but the end result is beautiful and worth it.

I also have a small Softub portable spa that we bought before the pool, figuring that we wouldn't have to have a pool since we had the spa! Wrong! Just made us anxious for a pool all that much more. I have been running the spa on BBB (plus an enzyme cleaner - Spa Perfect) for the last 6 months or so and that is working well too.

I have been lurking for a while and thrilled to see so many of the top PoolForum contributors here on TFP, finally decided to take the plunge and join in as well.

Welcome. I think you are like most of us; We are grateful for PF and what Ben has taught us and we enjoy the online community and spreading the "Ben Powell" method of pool care to newcomers.