Easytouch with Screenlogic - just not what i expected

May 2, 2013
Dallas area
I just had an easytouch and screenlogic system installed with a new heater and to be fair the install of the heater is not complete yet. I was expecting this to be as easy as programming my harmony remote. graphical interface with drag and drop. I am trying to program it because i dont want my pool to go green while they finish up. So here goes the questions:

Can the swg be independently controlled from the pump?
If i have the pump set on low and no waterfall and my wife wants to turn it up and put on the waterfall can this be treated as an egg timer and then go back to the program?
The servo on the waterfall valve is new but the way it is setup it goes through a close mode on the pump out let basically shutting the pump down. i dont think this is a control issue but a physical set up issue.

Sorry, but I'm a little unsure of what you want to do.. But, I'll give it a shot.

You ask.. "Can the SWG be independently controlled from the pump?".. In all cases, the pump must be running before the SWG will be allowed to come on. The pump can generally be run at a very low speed, like 1,000 to 1,200 RPM, as long as it is enough for the flow switch inside the SWG to close.

You ask.. "If I have the pump set on low and no waterfall and my wife wants to turn it up and put on the waterfall can this be treated as an egg timer and then go back to the program?

Generally, you should have a circuit that is called "Waterfall" (You can call it whatever you want), but when you select "Waterfall" the valve controlling the waterfall should move, to turn on the waterfall, and the pump should automatically increase to whatever speed you have assigned to the waterfall circuit. Normally, you'd just click on the icon for waterfall and it would come on and clicking on it again would turn it off.

You say "The servo on the waterfall valve is new but the way it is setup it goes through a close mode on the pump out let basically shutting the pump down. I don't think this is a control issue but a physical set up issue." ScreenLogic has a check box which, if checked, will turn off the pump, before moving a valve, and then turn the pump back on.

Not sure if this helped or not, but maybe it will get us both on the same page..:eek:

Jim R.

Thank you for the information. So, can the pump run and the swg not be on? It sounds like when you select an event like waterfall you have to unselect it or it stays on forever. I did see the option to turn the pump off before rotating a valve but when the valve was manual I did not need to do this.

The only time the SWG will run is when the system is in "pool mode". You can run anything you want at any time but remember: "High speed trumps low speed". So if you set your pool to run 8 hours in pool mode at 2000 rpm and somewhere in the middle run the waterfall at 3000rpm for a couple of hours, the waterfall will run at 3000rpm and so will the SWG. If outside of those 8 hours you run your waterfall; it will run at 3000rpm but the SWG will not be operational.

Pentair logic is wiierd but once you get your head around it, you will still be confused. ��

You say "I did see the option to turn the pump off before rotating a valve but when the valve was manual I did not need to do this. " Please tell me what happens now, vs. what happened when you were moving the valve manually. I'm not sure I fully understand the problem.

As Marco says, if you set up the pump to run without being in the "pool Mode", the Pump/Filter relay will not come on and so the SWG will not be on. But, to be honest, I don't see the issue.. Why do you not wantt the SWG on, just because the waterfall is on?

I believe that if you turn on your waterfall it will stay on for about 12 hours. I believe that this is a default time and you can adjust it, just something I have yet to try.

Jim R.

Ticking the "pump off while valve rotates" box will work, but it is not the intended work around for your problem. Your installer needs to come back and properly set this up. The EASY way would be to remount the valve actuator 180 degrees from where it is now. The CORRECT way would be to open the actuator and adjust the cams to "swing" the divert-er the other way so it wont pass in front of the pumps output. While the pump could probably handle the momentary spike in pressure, it's just not setup correctly that way. Your valve actuators should never be in a position to block off the main line, suction or return.

Valve actuators fail. Sometimes they fail in mid throw, what if yours failed when you were turning it on, how does Pentair put it? "From across the globe"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.