Winter cover patching

nidamer

Bronze Supporter
May 30, 2016
Toronto/Ontario/Canada
Hi, I have some holes in my winter cover that I would like to try to patch for this winter season. The cover is made of fabrene material and the holes are small in worn out spots in the cover. Are there any recommended brands for the patches to get? I found the following on amazon though they do not seem well reviewed and seem way more expensive than I thought they would be. Anyone has any experience with them?
Swimming Pool Winter Cover Repair Patch Kit: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn Garden
Rola-Chem BS-1-24 Ultra Strip Swimming Pool Covers Repair Patch: Amazon.ca: Patio, Lawn Garden

Otherwise all other patches I found state they are for vinyl covers and so I am not sure they can work for fabrene covers. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Not sure this is appropriate for your issue but we used a product called Plasti-dip that saved our safety cover that the squirrels had chewed on. Ours cover had lots of tears and holes so we bought a couple gallons at about $70 per gallon but it did the trick and should last a few more years. Note: the small spray cans don't go very far.

Good Luck.

Gary R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.