C1900 DIY question

scott.lopez

Gold Supporter
Oct 25, 2015
Frisco, TX
I'm considering options for having chlorine added to the pool by a Stenner pump. I am avoiding the pucks due to the CYA they add to the pool. However, I am thinking that by using a Stenner pump we can add chlorine to the pool throughout the day and just fill up the 30 gallon container monthly (or something like that).

I am currently thinking of two options:

1. Install the C1900, given what I've read though, the ORP calculations do not seem to be all that reliable. The forums have had some discussion about this product. What I don't get is how the C1900 powers the stenner pump. Are two separate outlets run from the power center, one for pH and one for bleach? And is the C1900 able to control the outlets through some kind of configuration? If so, what is the configuration in iAquaLink?

2. Just add an outlet that is controlled by the PowerCenter and schedule times for when the Stenner pump would run. Given the issues with the life of the Stenner pump decreasing because the variable speed is adjusted down, I think I'd just get a fixed speed Stenner pump and have the PowerCenter control it.

In either case I'd still monitor the Chlorine levels closely using the Taylor test kit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Scott,

I believe that the simpler the better, so I'd go with the fixed feed Stenner controlled by a timer. Just have to be sure to use a timer that would allow for multiple on/off cycles per day.

Jim R.

I use an orp/ph system, but my pool is mainly covered so less variation, lower cya. I have been happy with it. Orp can be variable and finnicky,but when dialed in it really works beautifully.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.