Help! Pump leaking like crazy, trying to find a replacement!

Uavmx

Sep 5, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
I apologize, as I was planning on spending some time writing my first post and getting settled in here, studying and reading as much as a could but now I have an emergency! I was planning on upgrading my pump to a VS speed anyways and starting researching, when last night my pump started draining the pool onto the ground! So now I'm in a rush trying to figure out what to do, I need to be able to get something here overnight, or go down to leslies and buy.

It's a 14k gallon pool, has a heater, equipment is about 25 feet away at ground level. Current pump is a superflo single speed 1 hp. No other features. I'm trying to stay under $1k and I'll do the install myself. I live in Socal desert, so very high energy costs.

This is the main one I'm looking at, is this a good choice?
Amazon.com : Hayward SP2302VSP Max-Flo VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump Energy Star Certified : Patio, Lawn Garden

Any other recommendations?

Not enough knowledge to say if it's a good pump or sufficient for your needs as I'm just getting started with my first pool - but if you but it be sure to check other sellers that sell "Fulfilled by Amazon". Depending on your location you can save $$ by avoiding sales tax. Just checked and direct purchase with Amazon was $769 + $53 for tax. Purchase through another seller and you get same shipping but avoid the tax (save $53). Good tip if you buy another pump / model.

I have a 1hp 2 speed Hayward. I'm about 10000 gallons maybe a bit more. Why is the pump you have so expenisve? I think I paid 175 or so for mine through amazon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've never heard of that brand. If you know and electrician who can make an inexpensive service call a receipt from an electrician will get you the warranty.

336bc174bbb44341a147444a40885b3f.jpg
0600b0f5be97d6c1c253c6390118e411.jpg

Here's the leak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.