Can't get PH down

Aug 6, 2016
Cincinnati, Oh
I've had high ph the last 2 weeks. The range is generally 7.8 - 8.0 which isn't terrible but I'm trying to get down to 7.4. I've added a steady dose muriatic acid (31.4%), about 6-10oz each day the last week but I can't get below 7.7.

Here are tonight's measurements:
FC 7
CC 0
PH 7.7
TA100
CH 90
CYA 50

Chlorine has come down slightly as I'm still dialing in the liquidator (I think I'm there finally). It was a high of 10 last Thursday but TA, CH and CYA have remained the same the whole time.
Thanks for the help.

What does PoolMath say it should lower ph down to? Are you running any water features, waterfalls or bubblers? Those also raise PH.

Lowering your TA down to around 60 will help slow pH rise. Here's, how, Pool School - Lower Total Alkalinity

Ultimately, I set the target value in pool math correct? If I read pool school correctly isn't 7.4 a good place to be?

We don't have any water features, we're not fancy like that and the eyeballs are turned up slightly but in no way would I say they are aerating the water.

Thanks for the tip on TA, I should have remembered the TA is a buffer against ph rise.

Ok, just read that article on lowering TA. I need to get ph down to 7.0ish then aerate until ph is where it needs to be. Repeat as needed correct? Smaller bubbles are better than bigger ones right? I can accomplish this by inducing a slight air leak on the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.