New Pool Build Montgomery Tx

Aug 1, 2016
Montgomery tx
Hello all I finally started pool and have been collecting info from site for a while. This pic is of the deck that I removed. I have a 8 ft easement from back fence so you will see the pool has to be close to the house so not much deck space.

Last edited:
Thanks with help on the pix got it.
Here is pic of hot tub with 3" suction and 3" return lines for 8 jets should be plenty of volume with 3hp vsp. City is coming out tomorrow for inspections and gunite is scheduled for Thursday. Will post more pix then.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have a 8 ft easement to the right of the picture so we built the pool right on the 8 ft line. The wall on the right is going to be all rock waterfall. On two spots on the back wall we made it 18" thick to hold more rock. Question is would anyone consider putting rocks on easement to make a bigger waterfall? I've been told that you can put concrete driveways and walkways on easement. Does that mean we can put rocks on top of grass on easment? Has anyone done this with out problems? I've been told it could only be a problem if when we sell the house the survey will discover encroachment.
Thanks for your help

Why even take the chance? They will find it one day and YOU will be stuck with a big bill to pay to take it out. Now if the rocks were not integral to the pool for the waterfall and wall and could be removed with some sweat work then sure go for it!

:kim:

If you sell the house you wouldn't necessarily have take it down. Houses in my area are sold subject to anything a survey would show, so you wouldn't be responsible in my area if they realized it after they signed the contract and were out of attorney review. And if they realized it before they were legally committed you could decline to do anything and find another buyer. Although realistically the new buyer would probably accept it because he or she wouldn't want to take it down either.

You have to ask yourself. Do you feel lucky?

Thanks grottoguy I guess I better play by the rules. I am going to pour concrete deck on the easment. I put the palapa right on 8 ft line so worst case I have to break up concrete. PB said if we sell house who would want to break up pretty deck just to stay in the lines, so il take that gamble.

Picking out water tile tomorrow and the wife likes the smaller tiles, I like the 6x6 so less grout lines. I would think with all the grout lines on the small ones its very hard to keep clean. Also I hear a salt line appears after a while. Anyone know which one works better?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.