Which is the best pool heater for our situation?

We have a 18' wide by 4' deep circular pool and are located in Minneapolis, MN. We really would like to get some sort of heater for the pool, but have no idea which one would be right for us. Does anybody know of a fairly easy to set up and affordable heater for us Minnesotans? Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

There are quite a number of people on the site that have installed Solar systems. Some of them may chime in for suggestions. In the mean time consider reading Pool School at the top of the page. I would suggest that you consider a good test kit. The price may appear to high for testing the water, but;
It will save you time and money in the long run.
You won't battle the pool, but enjoy it.
Welcome to TFP by the way. :wave:

Solar is my vote. (Of course, I have solar, so I'm biased). There are quite a few AG solar setups on the net for quite a cheap amount. I would buy one that has a built in bypass valve, then you can easily plumb it into your existing lines easily. Once you buy and install, the heat is basically free from then on. A "solar" cover is a must for solar heating.

we have a 4x20 solar bear panel $240 installed my self...I like the solar bear vs the sungrabber panels, but the concept is the same..my costs included the extra flex pipe and unions I used to plumb it in right beside the back of our pool and deck....operating costs = free and we gain about 3 degrees per day, using a solar cover at night...I'm guessing it would do even better on a 18ft round. the panel does it's job as the water flows through when the pump is running from 9am-4pm

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.