Central Texas rain vs my pool.

Apr 3, 2007
Central Texas
My rant:

In the last couple of days......... and still counting, that my pool is starting to look green.
I can't even see the bottom on the deep end. Yuck Chuck!!!

I am sure its all the rain were getting here in Central Texas. I was really worried, why, why, why my pool was looking / turning green. To find out, this pool will need to be shocked!!

I just don't really want to shock it yet. Suppose to be all week/weekend were getting at least 50% rain per day. So all I have really been doing is backwash to drain my pool from over-flowing.

I am sure due to all the rain, that is why my pool is starting to turn green. For almost a year owning the pool, this is the 1st time I ever seen my pool look the way it is.

** Oh well, rant over :)
Mike

I can't wait to get it back like this:

Is that a blue sky and shadows I am seeing in that picture? 8) That brings back memories!

Mike, I have kicked up my Aqua Rite SWCG to 60% and running the pump a little longer. It's maintaining between 4 - 6ppm pretty well now, (with CYA at 60) especially since the sun has vanished as of late!

BTW, that is a beautiful clear pool in the pic. Hope it reverts back to looking like that soon!

Mark

Thanks all for the support :)

Well I went out today and got 6 gallons on bleach, but decided not to pour it in just yet, It states that its going to be raining all weekend long 30%-60% all weekend. So my chances of pouring this bleach maybe a waste.

As for the alge, which I was not sure in vinyl liner pools are really effected by that, what should I do for that? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.