New to TFP and building new pool

Aug 25, 2016
Westchester, NY
Hello Everyone! My name is Pat and I'm in Northern Westchester, NY. I'm getting ready to have a pool installed and have been researching what I need to know when I found this site. Went through pool school and and trying to get up to speed. I'm a handy guy and fix/build everything myself so taking care of the pool will be my job.

First off I tried posting once before but just wanted to run this by for everyone's opinion. I'm going with a gunite pool, SWG (even though PB, Anthony & Sylvan, wants chlorine). They haven't broken ground yet so I have time to fix and or change any equipment I should have. Looking to get the most efficient and longest season I can.

PB is planning on the following equipment:
Zodiac iaqualink to control everything
Jandy Pro Series DEV series D.E. Filter
Jandy Pro-Series VS pump
Raypak propane heater
Zodiac Fusion chlorine tablet feeder + Nature2 system (If I do salt water he said Fusion Soft Saltwater Chlorinater +Nature2 System)
Del Ozone Eclipse 10/20.40 UV cleaner
Quartz finish but thinking of going to pearl

I know from reading the forum people have brands they like better than others like Hayward or Pentair. Is this equipment good and going to last or should I switch out some stuff? I'd like to get a system that is able to be controlled by one system. I've read here no one really cares for the Nature2 system with copper and you shouldn't add metals to your pool for staining reasons. I'd love to hear any recommendations you guys have for me so I can build it the right way.

Thanks!!

More knowledgeable people will be along shortly. I can tell you that I LOVE having a salt water generator. I went on a two week vacation and when I got back, water was perfect!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.