Free Pool Test Tracking Software!

errodr

Jun 1, 2009
Hello,

I am a member of this forum and have benefited from the tips and advice available here.

I have created some free software for tracking pool testing results. The software tracks FC, TC, CC, Br, Ph, Alk, CYA, Temp, Base Demand, and Acid Demand. Also included is a charting feature and a pool profile tool to enable users to track data for more than one pool.

The software has been tested spyware free by CNET's download.com.

If you'd like to try the software out, please go to http://www.vibrantpool.com/download.php.

If you have any questions, let me know. I will periodically be adding features/fixing bugs so if you have anything you'd like to see use the contact form on the website to contact me.

Thanks...
-Eric

I tried to run it, but it doesn't seem to work on the Mac. Of course, it doesn't claim to work on the Mac. Still, I was hoping it would work since it is written in Java and thus ought to be portable.

JasonLion said:
I tried to run it, but it doesn't seem to work on the Mac. Of course, it doesn't claim to work on the Mac. Still, I was hoping it would work since it is written in Java and thus ought to be portable.

Can you tell me what type of error(s) you got when you tried to run it on the Mac?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like a great software, especially with the graphs. The only thing I don't see, is a place to write down what chemicals you have added. That way you can see what the result of those chemicals really are (I haven't downloaded the software yet, but just from looking at screenshots I couldn't see a spot to record added chemicals, let me know if I'm wrong)
I would like to see some more feedback from other users, before I take the leap and download the software.

well if you need more feedback I can tell you that I thought it was ok, tad user unfriendly though as far as unzipping, running the install, then trying to find what to do next. I think most people will start looking under start, all programs to find where it installed. but it's actually back in the folder. like I said, I think it was ok, but personally I am sticking with the excel chart. I do appreciate the effort that it took to make it though.

reebok said:
well if you need more feedback I can tell you that I thought it was ok, tad user unfriendly though as far as unzipping, running the install, then trying to find what to do next.

Once you've unzipped, you can read the Readme files for how to install and run.

Excel is not needed. The only thing you need is Java 1.6, there is a link to download Java on the website.
Also, I have added a download option that includes an automated installer that will install the program to the "Program Files" directory and put a shortcut in the start menu.

Thanks...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.