Pool Company

Jun 24, 2016
Palm Bay FL
Does anyone have a TRUSTED pool company to recommend ? I'm a single mom and don't want to invest my time in taking care of a pool. I have a lot going on but we LOVE our pool. I have been through several companies now and just am searching on this forum things they are doing..... I have a fiberglass pool and am in Brevard County!

Thanks in advanced!

I for one wouldn't trust anyone other than my wife or myself to put anything in my pool. Or "strangers" in my pool area for that matter.

It takes me 4 minutes every 2 days to test, log, add. Once a week I take 30 minutes to brush the pool and run the full test.

In addition, most pool service companies only visit once a week and it is pretty close to impossible to keep a pool clear like that.

I hope you consider getting a test kit and taking control of your pool yourself :)

I agree 100% with Mr Bruce, many of us here are self described pool snobs and would not consider getting into most pool, particularly ones at hotels, resorts, etc. that are often maintained by people that don't know what they are doing and don't really care.

............ often maintained by people that don't know what they are doing and don't really care.

That's the clincher right there for me. Nobody will care for your pool as good as you will. I take care of my pool as if my families health depends on it, because it really does.

Does anyone have a TRUSTED pool company to recommend ? I'm a single mom and don't want to invest my time in taking care of a pool. I have a lot going on but we LOVE our pool. I have been through several companies now and just am searching on this forum things they are doing..... I have a fiberglass pool and am in Brevard County!

Thanks in advanced!

This forum is a great place to learn how to take care of your pool yourself. It's also a great resource for learning about pool water chemistry and what the right way to care for a pool is.

Unfortunately, you'll find that very few, if any, members here use a pool service. I suppose some do for opening/closing a pool but few for regular pool maintenance because we believe that no one cares for your pool water better than you would, period!

I feel for your situation because a family member of mine is/was a single-mom and I know how hard it was for her to line everything up in life that needs to be lined up on a daily basis. Trying to do it on your own with kiddos is like trying to go through life with one hand tied behind you....it's doable, but it ain't easy.

I hope you find a reputable company that will keep your pool clean and clear. They are out, it's just takes a lot of digging.

Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.