Are Cartridge filters one standard size.

danman

Sep 5, 2016
Spring, Tx
Afternoon everyone,
I have a general question about the cartridge filters size. Are there only one size of cartridges? Or do I need to pull them out and get the dimensions? I know I'm going to have to replace mine in a few months. The bands are breaking on them at this last cleaning.

There are different sizes - length and diameter. You should take note of the filter model make/model and then you can shop on-line for a replacement or contact a place like InyoPools.com.

In addition, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Don’t forget to include your test kit in the signature. :)

Thanks for the replies. Is it standard to replace all of them at once, or can you do two at a time depending on the condition? I understand the water will only be as clean as the filters. But I was just curious if that is an option.

Working on my signature, need to get home to get the rest of the details :)

I suppose you could replace just the cartridges with the broken bands, but the others may not be too far behind. Ideally it might be best to replace them all and keep the old ones as a back-up. Much better prices on-line which should help in a pinch.

I would change the set. It may be a bit more money now, but you'll have a good reference how the system runs at best case scenario.

Look at it like changing your headlight bulbs, you change them both as the remaining bulb is not performing as new (not as bright), and it's life expectancy has been reached.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.