Starting my 3rd Pool

powerplay

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 11, 2008
North Port, FL
Hello All,

I am starting the process of having my 3rd pool installed and could use some help. I am having a small FG, in ground pool installed here in SW Florida. The pool is only 2100 gals and I would like to use a SWG for the chorine production. I have no idea where I begin with determining what pump and filter I need. I would like a VS pump to save electrical costs and run the pump slower since the pool is small in volume. As far as the filter goes, I would like to use a cartridge filter for ease of cleaning.

Thank you all in advance for any help/direction on where to begin.

Scott

Thanks guys!
I found a Pentair IC15 while looking at the IC20. It is for an even smaller pool. Still much bigger than my "puddle". It might make more sense if you know my last pool was 52'X30', kidney shaped pool which I took care of for 20 years. I just what something easy and to dip in with my cold one.

Thanks Matt for your suggestion. I have decided to go with the IC 20 as my SWG. It should have an easy time with my small pool. I am also going to use the Pentair Intelliflo VS pump which I has the ability to schedule On/Off times. I have read both manuals for the SWG and pump and they don't really explain how the pump's internal scheduling feature can control the SWG. I don't need an external timer, as that is how they explain to control the pump and SWG. I know the SWG will not generate chlorine if there is no flow, so will that be alright to leave the power on to the SWG all the time an let the pump turn it'self off on on? I really don't need to invest in an automation system either, since my pool is so simple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.