It's that time.

Jun 16, 2016
Quogue new york
Can anyone tell me what cover to get for our inground pool? It will have to be custom made. I did some looking and seems the price can be in the $4k. I want a cover that will last for many years. We live in the north east. I was told to get a mesh cover due to all the leaves and snow up here. Thanks

I have a Merlin and would highly recommend Merlin Smart-Mesh - same 15 year prorated warranty as L-L. Merlin would say they are better Loop-Loc and vice-versa. It's a very viable option at least. Pricing may be my similar but is set by each dealer so you could get it cheaper from one or the other. Specific features related to how they deal with raised areas (if you have any) may be a differentiator. All of the hardware between the two look identical and the cover for that matter.

We've been through three winters, several blizzards, with no issues. Water level maintenance is critical. If you spring a leak in your liner over the winter and have a heavy snow your cover could break and will not be warranted - same with either.

I heard of that name. What should I get , Smart mesh or solid with two drains? I'm getting a 50-50 on both. My pool guy said soild and the company that's makes the cover said smart mesh. The company you used only makes smart mesh. My pool guy said he doesn't like smart mesh because it lets Uv light in and water gets green when you open pool.

I have SmartMesh. I've never opened to a green pool in 4 years (crystal clear in fact - never even cloudy). But opening before the water temp reaches 60 degrees is also of paramount importance (and closing after it drops below 60 degrees too). Merlin claims it blocks 100% of UV rays. I can't say but I've had good results.
Our SmartMesh cover is heavy enough, I certainly would never get a solid cover since we've had perfect results with this and I can manage it by myself.

Thanks for the info. I don't know why my pool guy said not to get smart mesh because I read that the new covers do not let uv in. The older covers did. I'm getting prices now. It's about $4500 smart mesh and they will close the pool also. Hope to get 10 years

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.