(please move this to the appropriate forum if necessary, thanks)
Hi there, Intex newb here (18' x 48", 5455 gallons, Intex 1/4hp pump/filters).
1) Filled pool with well water, was slightly transparent green, as expected (we have tested our well, and most wells around here have high iron content, which causes iron bacteria in the wells)
2) Shocked with Super Sock It (cal hypo 53%), turned water to iced-tea brown
3) Found TFP
CURRENT STATS (Wal-Mart 6-in-1):
CL >5ppm (although should be going down, as I shocked it last night around 5p, and it's sunny out)
CYA 0 (haven't put anything in yet)
After Pool School/looking around here, I realize I should have solved iron problem *before* shocking. So:
1) Bringing water in is out-of-the-question, best quote I could get was $325(!?!?!?!?!?!). Should I simply drain the thing, refill with a water filter on the hose, hit it with metal-out, let it sit, then shock it? Or is it possible to clear it out?
2) If I'm going to clear it out: should I wait until the CL is down to 0, then hit it with metal-out, then keep filtering until it's clear? Or should I just keep filtering, *then* hit it with metal-out?
I think you can see where I'm going here - the real question is: in which order would you recommend I do what?
As of now, the filter's running, and I'll continue to clean it every few hours - but I'm questioning whether this filter will ever get around to pulling all of that brown out of the water or not. If it's just a matter of time, I'm fine waiting.
Thanks in advance!