Ok ok
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I put a new filter elements in my filter when my pool was replastered about six months ago. There is a large element and small element, just curious if a person should just clean these when the pressure rises or if there is a time frame? The pressure remains very low, around 3 psi. It always has showed low pressure because there's a large surface area. No issues, water is clear, just curious if a guy should be cleaning them on a regular basis or is it all dependent on pressure rise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it is all dependant on presure, when it rises 25% above clean PSI.. unless it is oversized and has not risen 25% in a year, clean it at the end of the year when you close :)

The pump runs at 2200 RPM during the time SWG is working, about eight hours a day. Then it runs the rest of the time around 1600 RPM. I let it run 24 /7.
When it's running at 1600 RPM the pressure gauge hardly registers. If I kick the pump up to full speed I might get 12 to 15 psi maybe. When I get home from work I will check it.

Check your pressure at around 3000 rpm and use that as your check point to watch for the 20-25% rise in pressure. I would clean once in spring and once in fall at a minimum. After the trees finish hurling stuff into the pool.

OK at 1400 it reads zero, at 1800, which is what I am running while I run in my SWG it reads 2 psi, at 3000 it reads 12 psi. At 3110, wide-open hit reach 13 psi. I thought it was running at 2200 well running my SWG but I was mistaken I only run at 1800.

So, next time you clean the filter check the pressure at 3000 rpm and note the clean pressure. I run mine at 1100 rpm for making FC, skimming and filtering and it is 0 psi.

I would like to run my slower to save on electricity, but if I run much lower my skimmers do not seem to do a very good job.

It took some messing around to get mine to work better. I ended up reversing the flow in my pool from clockwise to counterclockwise and that helped a lot. Also, I have a 3way valve that controls suction flow from drain or skimmers. That is set at about 80% skimmers and 20% drain. There may not be all that much savings, mine uses 150 watts at 1100 rpm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.