AquaRite SWG Lights Not Working Properly

MarkFK

Sep 5, 2016
Ottawa, ON Canada
Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster.

My AquaRite SWG its displaying a pattern of light discussed in other treads on this forum:

Both Power light and Generating light illuminate once the No Flo light extinguishes. They stay on for a few seconds and then go out. Voltage and instant salinity suggest no chlorine is being generated. After reading other treads on this site, I opened up the panel, thinking the problem could potentially be a thermistor. It appears this is the case. However my board looks different from those in videos and photos that I could find posted here. It has the model number G1-022056-1 RevC. As such I am asking for some confirmation on my suspicions. Here is a picture of my board a close up of the part I think has failed given the brown discolouration at the base.

board.jpg

thermistor.jpg

My questions are 1) Am I on the right track with my thinking? and 2) If so, is this the part I should use for a replacement (it appears to be different from thermistor models mention elsewhere)?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Mark

You are on the right track, and thats the part. If you squeeze it, it will probably crumble.
The part number on the current limiter is a Hayward P/N. The one you order is manufactured by someone else, so different p/n.

Google replacement for..... and type that p/n, and you'll come up with the right one.

If your voltage with the switch off is less than 30, it’s probably a bad thermistor. If the voltage while generating falls below 20, it’s probably a bad thermistor. You can use part number SL322R025 or AS322R025.
Your part is cracked and likely bad. You can see a circular crack near the edge. Typically, that means that the internal parts have separated.
The Digikey page you linked to is the correct part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.