Best Winter Cover - Cold Climate

TortugaCat

Bronze Supporter
May 29, 2016
Boston, MA
We need to start thinking about a cover for our pool and our PB is recommending Loop-Loc as the best option, followed by a solid cover with water bags that would need to be pumped, which is significantly cheaper. We will have one cover for the pool and a separate cover for the spa so that it can stay open later in the season.

Any recommendations, rants, or raves about your pool cover? Anything we should consider before purchasing?

I think we're on our 11th year with a Loop-Loc & it looks new.
We're on Long Island NY and have had our share on bad weather over the years!
At times there must have been 3-4(or more) feet of snow & ice on the cover
One thing to note is the we had the pool closed for 8+ years with the Loop-loc installed the entire time exposed to everything mother nature could throw at it.
I strongly recommend it.

I think we're on our 11th year with a Loop-Loc & it looks new.
We're on Long Island NY and have had our share on bad weather over the years!
At times there must have been 3-4(or more) feet of snow & ice on the cover
One thing to note is the we had the pool closed for 8+ years with the Loop-loc installed the entire time exposed to everything mother nature could throw at it.
I strongly recommend it.
Hi, we also live in Long Island - east Quogue and looking for a winter cover. Is your cover a solid or smart mesh? Thanks.

Those types of covers are the best way to go, at least in my opinion. They are safer and less unsightly than solid covers. They let water through so when you uncover in the spring you will likely have to pump water out as it will likely be full to the brim and slightly rebalance stuff like CYA and salt (if you have a SWCG).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Merlin SmartMesh is the competition. Pretty much the same thing just less well known.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.