Test kit - where and which exact kit do I buy?

I use the OTO test every day, use the full kit once a week. Once a pool is properly balanced and maintained, not much is required....unless a tropical storm like Hermina drops 13" of rain in 8 hours, or your gfci kicks off due to a storm while you are out of town....but that's why you have the full test kit to rely on. Check CL and PH daily with the simple kit, total chemistry once a week with the big one.

Some people use the OTO test during the week and the more costly and more accurate FAS-DPD test once per week, others like myself almost exclusively use the FAS-DPD, although the OTO is good to have around as a sanity test. The OTO reagents are very cheap (refills of OTO solution are only about $1 or so) and TF-Teskits can make up the TF-100 by including the OTO/pH combo kit in it for less than it would cost them to include a pH only reagent and the cost of the pH only test block. So in a way the OTO test is a freebie thrown in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.