Salt low

Sp4,

It would be best to know how much salt is in your pool now, so that you could figure out how much to add. The Taylor K-1766 is a pretty good salt test kit.

That said, the Pentair IC40 style SWGs have a pretty wide salt working-range and will still work even if the salt is a little high, so I'd add two 40 lbs bags and see where that gets you. Should get you up and running until you get a salt tester.

One of the known failure modes for the IC40 is that the temperature sensor can go bad, which often makes the SWG think it is low on salt when it is not. In my case, I had to have to sensor replaced because it was saying the salt level was 2800 when it was actually closer to 3800.

Edit.. if your actual FC level is only 2 ppm, your at about half of the very minimum FC level for a SWG pool. You might want to manually add some bleach/chlorine until you get your SWG working again.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.