Jun 4, 2009
Also looking to go BBB. Quick add-on to this question;

pH - 7.4
TA - 90
FC - 0
TC - 0
CH - Unknown
CYA - 0

Fresh pool fill. (Added 3 gallons 6% liquid chlorine 2 days ago, we have had a bit of rain over the past two days.) I will be adding 214 oz of liquid chlorine tonight (per ThePoolCalculator).

Pool gets sunlight 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Does anyone have a preferred stabilizer/conditioner to use with the BBB method? I'm planning on liquid chlorine with possible pucks in the auto-chlorinator.

Any recommendations to a complete newbie?

Re: Just to clarify...about cya

TeJaWood said:
Pool gets sunlight 6:00 AM - 8:00 PM. Does anyone have a preferred stabilizer/conditioner to use with the BBB method? I'm planning on liquid chlorine with possible pucks in the auto-chlorinator.
General recommendation is to add cyanuric acid (CYA, aka stabilizer) directly, 30-50ppm, then use bleach for a chlorine source. Pucks will continue to increase your CYA, which will become a problem in the long run. In the short run, they won't add CYA fast enough to be helpful.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.