Pump and Tank setup

Aug 31, 2016
Riyadh
Dear Techies, I have a situation where the area around the Inground pool is less as can be seen in attached pdf.

1.The standard way is to keep the setup two metres away from Pool. Since I cant figure out the way I put just beside the pool which is a weird thing.

2.The second thing is building the balance/surge tank. The structural Engineer came with a idea to make it under the family sitting room on the left of pool.

So is there any good approach to above scenario depicted. Like keeping the pool pump Underground keeping away from pool like on the pathway on either sides. Is it possible to have the pump underground. And what is the general size occupied by those pump etc.

Regards:-|

Attachments

• Majed_Saleh_R1_.pdf
    160.6 KB · Views: 29
At some point, you're going to have to open up the pump basket or filter to work on it. If they are below the water level of the pool, you're going to flood your pump room in short order (yes, you could perhaps do some check valves, but this seems like a poor idea to me). Would it be possible to put the equipment under the family/seating area without the equipment being below the water level of the pool?

No the pump equipment is on the Ground but it is too close to the pool. If this is not a a serious problem then the above file plan can be finalized with balance tank under the family sitting room with an opening near the pump room.

The only concern I can think of would be an electrical service in proximity to the water, which should not be a problem if there is a proper wall on the equipment room. You also mention use of a surge tank, having such tanks are not common practice in the U.S. on most small residential pools in the U.S. unless they have an infinity edge, gutter return system or other such water feature where exact pool volume is critical.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.