New Pool on the way.

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
After about 1 month of quotes, research and 5 PB and 10 designs later.
Just signed. New pool and spa hopefully in about 2 month.
14000K gal of water about 400sq ft of water space
PB will provide all Pentair equipment.: Pentair Intelliflo VS3050, Pentair Clean and Clear cart filter, Pentair Master Temp heater, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Easy Touch 8 aux funtion and wireless control, Pentair wireless remote. Pentair LED intellibrite Pool and Spa light. Pentair Pool shark. Solar Panel Plumbing.

Water feature: 2 x 24 inch arc sheer and jet on baja step floor connected to 1hp pentair pump. 24" spa spill way.

Now I have to call and order the fencing contractor, tree removal, and Solar panels and control.

Excited..

Still waiting for permits..
For some stupid reason the fire dept need a permit and need a pressure check on the nearest fire hydrant. ?!!!!
The local Water Utility have to do the water pressure test and that will take about week or 2.. ?!!!!
Arggg.. !!!!

2 week permit lead time now looks to be going on 5 weeks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
fkong777 said:

I feel your pain. Our PB told us 6-8 weeks to complete everything. However, permitting took longer, inspections have taken longer, etc. There have been more inspections than I thought. They had to check soil compression this week. Plus, my PB uses his own crew for almost everything. He only has 1 guy that does plumbing, 1 that does tile, 1 that does framing, etc., so if the one guy gets sick or takes longer on another pool, we have to wait. UGH. Luckily the contract has an end date that they must be finished by. Although I don't know what we'd do if its not since there was no penalty clause.

Day 0 The $80 that cost me 50K.
3770913755_4da7fbc48e.jpg

Day 1 Ground Break
3771717042_6c92dc04e0.jpg

Day 2 finished dig.
Note: Left side lower edge is the KEY. required pool structure for slopes. It is 18inch deeper and 18 in wide.
3771719806_09a7f4f610.jpg

3771718910_d0677a1158.jpg

Looks like contruction is going overdrive. I will add pictures later today. Im just going to count working days and not weekends.
Day 3-off day for subcontractors. No work done.
Day 4- Rebars for pool structure and concrete cut for plumbling done
3810904820_6b028907fb.jpg

Day 5- Break out cut concrete and dig trench for plumbling.
My yard is a total mess.
3810906508_cb41c3d991.jpg

Day 6- Gas Pipe in, Suction and return piping runs from pool to equip pad. and install pool equipment at pad
3817102190_cca9245267.jpg

Day 7- in spa piping , in pool piping and equipment piping in.
3817100778_45120326a1.jpg

Day 8- Electrical.. conduit in
Day 9 -Electrical to Pool equipment, easy touch panel, connection to main Electrial panel in.
3816433315_ec36b8e495.jpg

Getting numerous fence quote at the same time. Fencing is on my own. PB didnt deal with fencing. Probably go with Glass wind blocker fencing. So it wont obstruct my view. City will not let me place fence further down the slope due to 20 ft setback requirement from the Sidewalk.. :(

updates
Day 10 & 11 no work done
Day 12 inspection for rebar and plumbing - passed
Day 13 Shotcrete and Fence post - took 40 yard of shotcrete - 4 trucks of concrete.
The pool finally has its shape and structure. Its important to stay home and watch the progress. I had to correct the spa step shaping because the crew had made it off center.. That would totally bug me to have a off center step.
3839332234_97344ff163.jpg

3839333384_6c3e7e8713.jpg

3839334516_aefb39d1df.jpg

lborne said:
fkong777 said:

I feel your pain. Our PB told us 6-8 weeks to complete everything. However, permitting took longer, inspections have taken longer, etc. There have been more inspections than I thought. They had to check soil compression this week. Plus, my PB uses his own crew for almost everything. He only has 1 guy that does plumbing, 1 that does tile, 1 that does framing, etc., so if the one guy gets sick or takes longer on another pool, we have to wait. UGH. Luckily the contract has an end date that they must be finished by. Although I don't know what we'd do if its not since there was no penalty clause.

Permit? Whats a permit? LOL. I barely remembered to notify the POA that I was doing my pool. Freaking pool builder lives in my neighborhood and he forgot too. Shows you how "cowboy" we are around here.

Questions for OP

Hi there OP,

Thanks for posting your photos--things are shaping up!

What brand of coping and waterline tile did you choose? I like the look, and I'm shopping around for my renovation. On my screen the color of the coping looks to be a pleasant dusty rose or pink--is that so?

I love your little mozaics. What kind of surface are you going to have installed?

Lana

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.