Taylor K-2006

Head over to Home Depot and see if they sell "chlorinating liquid". Compare prices (and make sure the Julian date isn't very old on the box). I think the guy thought you were asking for chlorine gas - his answer doesn't sound right to me.

Checked Home depot and Lowes...all they had was was powders and tabs. Being in Memphis, I was checking North Mississippi and I found a place that has it so I'm going to go check them out. Their website says something like, "one of the only places to buy liquid chlorine in the Midsouth".

In the meantime, I got some 8.3% bleach from Costco. 3 bottles adding up to 363 ounces for $9.87.

Here are my latest numbers. I have not put in any tabs in going on about two weeks and using the chlorinating liquid I found at home depot. I've also been adding calcium chloride slowly trying to get the hardness up. Feels like I need to step that up, seems like it taking a lot to move the needle on that one.

Also, should I add baking soda to get the alkalinity up some?

FC: 4.5
CC: 0
PH 7.8
TA: 80
CH: 130
CY: 50

Last edited:
Your numbers look great. My bet is your pool water does, too.

I would leave the TA alone. It's fine at 30.

What your doing with CH is fine, too. As long as your trend is upward, I wouldn't change a thing (unless you are tired of waiting on the CH)

Nice work! :goodjob:

Thanks!

I've added 5lbs of calcium chloride over this period slowly. I guess I expected that to move the needle more...no big deal and I'm in no hurry, I've kind of made it part of my routine. I've been adding it slowly because I didn't want it to make the water cloudy like I've heard it can do. Thanks for the reply.

Took a sample to the pool store to check for metals and as a sanity check for me since I just started testing on my own. They reported I had .36 ppm of copper which I've never had any of (as I looked back through all the tests they've done over the past few months).

Could switching from tabs to liquid chlorine have caused this and do I need to take action to remove the copper?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am unable to turn the water feature off completely. It runs when the pump is running (which is about 10 hours a day). It has it's own valve, but even in the closed position, it doesn't fully shut off...it just slows it down to a trickle.

So I'll add a little MA to lower the PH...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.