Sta-Rite heater won't stay lit

So I have repaired the rusted corroded area and sealed everything off and it is still not staying lit. It is now acting different than before however. Now it will fire up and stay lit for about 10-15 seconds and then go out. Before I repaired the corroded area (JB Weld) it would at least stay lit for 5-7 minutes. Anything else I can troubleshoot?

The best thing to do is replace the unit. The JB Weld will not hold very long and even if the heater did light what's to say that the weld will hold and not eventually allow flames to shoot out of it thus catching the unit on fire or worse.

I would suspect the thermo regulator, but yes, that heater is done, and should be replaced. Refer to post #22. Please do not use the heater any further without repairing correctly, or replacement.

We respect the fact that you have come here looking for good advice with respect to your heater.
In doing so, please respect our advice, and do not attempt to repair this heater with patches. If you wish to repair this heater by replacing parts, that's fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.