"No Flow" continuously on

dubele

Jun 17, 2013
Southeast Pennsylvania
Hi,

I have a Nature2 Fusion Soft. I noticed the other day that I was very low on chlorine.....about .6 ppm. I jacked up the SWG to 100%. I tested today and I have 0 ppm chlorine. I then noticed today I have "No Flow" showing on the display......which I learned chlorine production stops.

I pulled the Flow/temp/salinity sensor and it had no scale, but I did scrub it down as directed anyway. I also took a look at the cell and it looks mostly (97% +) clean.

I cycled the power off and on and I still get "No Flow".

Any ideas? This is the third season for the SWG....brand new pool 3 years ago.

Thanks,
Doug

TA, CH, CSI... all the others as well. But likely it is a hardware issue as much as a conductivity one. Does that unit use a mechanical flow switch or electronic?

Doug,

Well, seems to me that there are only two options..

1. The actual flow is low, due to maybe a clogged filter.. What is your filter pressure.

2. The flow sensor in your SWG is not working. Not sure how your particular flow sensor works, but on mine it is mechanical switch that I can "rubber-band" closed for a test if I wanted..

Jim R.

Is it still under warranty? Most likely the sensor needs to be replaced since the flow is strong and it is clean.

Search for a workbook for the aquapure and you should find troubleshooting tests for it.

A mechanical switch typically uses a paddle that suspends down into the flow stream. Flowing water lifts the paddle and tells the machine that there is water flow. A broken paddle, or a missing magnet on the paddle (many use a magnet on the paddle and a magnetic reed switch inside the switch body) or debris preventing the paddle from getting within range of the switch tells the machine that there is no flow. High scaling could collect and impede the paddle. Or it may be electronic using a variety of flow sensor methods. Most units are mechanical for cost and simplicity. Electronic units can use multiple elements sensing temperature change, vortex variations or other methods.

A loose connection or broken wire can also be a cause.

A mechanical switch typically uses a paddle that suspends down into the flow stream. Flowing water lifts the paddle and tells the machine that there is water flow. A broken paddle, or a missing magnet on the paddle (many use a magnet on the paddle and a magnetic reed switch inside the switch body) or debris preventing the paddle from getting within range of the switch tells the machine that there is no flow. High scaling could collect and impede the paddle. Or it may be electronic using a variety of flow sensor methods. Most units are mechanical for cost and simplicity. Electronic units can use multiple elements sensing temperature change, vortex variations or other methods.

A loose connection or broken wire can also be a cause.
It's not a mechanical type of flow switch. It uses the same flow switch as the Aquapure and it's widely known that the old style of sensors were not reliable. The new version seems to have solved the flow issues.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.