Why is water drawing from pool instead of spa when spa is on?

Jun 25, 2014
I haven't learned much about the mechanics of how my pool and spa work so I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. I turned the pool off and the spa on today and the water continued to flow through the spa into the pool and back. Usually turning on the spa closes off the pool so the water stops going over the waterfall and is contained to flowing through the spa drains and returns. Is this a problem with a valve? I can call the pool company on Tuesday, but I thought I'd try to fix it myself if it's simple. Or at the very least just try to understand the problem. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, most likely the intake valve, which either takes water from the Spa or from the Pool is still in the pool position. If this is an automated system, you could have an actuator failure.

Most actuators have a little switch on the back that you can try.. It may move the valve to the right position, depending on the failure mode. You will not "fix" it with the switch, but it might make it usable for now.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.