New use for old solar cover?

Jul 15, 2007
When we opened the pool this season, we found that our 2 year old solar cover had lost a great deal of its bubbles. Now we have identified those fragments we found in the skimmer at the end of the season last year! We had good results with the solar cover, so are replacing it - but is the old one good for anything? I hate to just dispose of it if there is a "repurpose" for it!

Thanks for any suggestions!

You can salvage the parts which still have bubbles and use them for packing material.

But I would use the whole thing anytime I needed a tarpaulin. In winter I would use it to cover my garden to keep weeds from growing and to kill grubs in the garden soil. It could make a painter's drop cloth when you repaint lawn furniture. A large piece of sturdy waterproof material sounds like a good thing to have in the garage - but then, I'm a pack rat :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.