Polaris Pump PB4 BOOSTER PUMP seal replacement problem.

Sep 2, 2016
sc
I am trying to follow typical directions online by taking apart the back cap and was going to secure the shaft from spinning but the back does not look like others that can be secured with a screwdriver or wrench. The back is round flat and flushed nothing sticking out to put a wrench on and no notch to put a flat head screwdriver to lock it down.

The spinning front seal in the center looks to have a cap like nut in the center. I am trying to figure out how to secure and take off spinning part where the front seal is located and the O-ring is around. Any help would be awesome this is a older PB4. Also, started leaking at bottom when I ran the polaris pump while pool pump was off so the pressure caused leaks at cut off valve and on from of pump at volut and around the secure bolts.

This is the back of the shaft after taking cap off. This is the part I don't know how to secure. Nothing sticks out. This is round and small hole in center. It is pretty much flush not like other ones that stick out to put a wrench on in the typical videos.
image1.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.