Manual Pool Filler Timer?

Sep 2, 2016
Roseville
We just moved in to a new house with an in-ground pool. It has a manual fill valve by the house with a hose bib. The line runs under the concrete patio to the pool. We live in a warm area so the water loss is daily in the summer.

Is it possible to add a timer to this kind of valve and run a minute per day to keep up with the water loss? Or is there a way to convert this type of manual fill to auto-fill?

Thank you!!

You can put one of those sprinkler timers on it if you want to. It might take more than a minute a day to keep up with evaporation though. Just depends on how big your pool is and how many GPM of water come through the timer.

What I do is fill the pool to about 3/4 to an inch above the 1/2 way mark on the skimmer. It takes about a week to evaporate an inch. Then on Saturday, I do it again. In my pool it takes 45 minutes to add an inch of water. And, I set my oven timer to remind me to turn off the water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.