Pump Just Hums After Replacing Pump Seals...Help!

Hoster

Silver Supporter
May 27, 2016
Berkeley Heights, NJ
Basically followed the direction on Youtube to replace my seals (since the pump was leaking). While I am not a "professional" handyman, I am ok with the work around the house.....as soon as I put everything back together, the pump just hums and won't start. Gave a rubber mallet thump, and of course, I primed just in case......any ideas?

Wow...thanks for your quick replies. Happy to report two things...it works now and I am an idiot :). While testing / troubleshooting with electricity on is not safe, I had to do so and found out (after testing each piece especially the impeller) that I "left" an extra piece of a rubber o-ring which belonged to the old impeller seal (the one with a spring). I initially thought it belonged to the shaft but once I removed that piece the pump works like a charm. Really thanks for your quick reply and I really jumped the gun since my kid (and his friends) wanted to use the pool over the long weekend. Love this forum!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and found this out once I noticed the impeller actually started to spin then gets "stuck"....lessons learned and certainly learning alot this year as a first year owner...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.