Northern Middle Tn.
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Just got my TF-100 test kit. Ordered Sunday, arrived Wednesday. What a guy :goodjob: Thanks Dave.
My pool is in the process of filling and back filling. Water is not keeping up with the backfilling :(
Anyhoo, I tested my tap water cause I just had to test something :whoot:
Results are
Cl 1
pH 6.8 outgasses to 7-7.2 in 24 hrs.
TA 50
CH 110
Bromine 2
Until the pump and filter get hooked up is there anything I should do except wait??? It probably won't even be 1/2 full even tomorrow,
They only have 480lbs. of salt out there. Should I be so bold as to ask for 3 more bags :shock:
I'm gong by the Pool calc.

Lynn,

Sorry to say that there's not too much you can be doing until the pool's finished, unless you want to start airing up floats and such. :wink:

I'd hold off on the other three bags. Salt's another one of those things that you can always add some more if it's too low, but if you get too much in, then you have to drain water to lower the level. Make sure you have some Aquachek salt test strips to test with.

Lynn, ignore the references to Bromine, you are using chlorine correct?

You'll probably want to pick up some Soda Ash or Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, it will put your PH where you want it, and will raise the TA some. You may still need some baking soda for the TA though.

Couldn't wait to become a pool testing geek like the rest of us, huh. :wink:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Lynn, ignore the references to Bromine, you are using chlorine correct?

You'll probably want to pick up some Soda Ash or Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda, it will put your PH where you want it, and will raise the TA some. You may still need some baking soda for the TA though.

Couldn't wait to become a pool testing geek like the rest of us, huh. :wink:

Pool Geek!! :mrgreen:

I would suggest having enough CYA on hand to get your pool to 60ppm and add that just as soon as your pump is capable of circulating the water. Add 1/2 if you are wary of the claculation or post back here and let the math gurus assist.

Next, I would have some Clorox on hand to start chlorinating your water until your SWG can take over. You'll probably need about 1/2 of a large jug daily. Add it each evening to get maximum effect.

You guys are the best :goodjob: I think I'll start plugging in the #'s I have to see if I can get close to what I need to add.
If my pH is 6.8 out of the tap but outgasses to 7.0-7.2 overnight, what number should I use when using the Pool calc???? :scratch:

I thought I had this all figured out cause I've been studying this site so hard and for months. Now that it's really happening I 'm kinda freaking out :shock:
I know y'all will help get me through this :goodjob:

MikeInTN said:
Lynn,

Make sure you have some Aquachek salt test strips to test with.

Dumb me didn't realize Dave sold those or I would have ordered them with the kit :hammer:
Guess the local PS will get some of my business after all :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.