CYA test actually worked!!!

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
I dumped in 4lbs of Stab and these are the results after two days:

100 - slightly cloudly, easy to see the dot still
50 - cloudly, barely see it, but still can
40 cloudly, really barely see it.
35 - if you look hard enough, you can see it.
30 - gone, but you know its there.

So what number should I go with based on those? PoolMath was dead on by the way. It said I needed around 8lbs to get to 75 CYA. I just wanted to start slowly.

Also, pH leveled out as well, intially it went too low, but now its hovering around 7.5-7.8. FC is the next issue, now that I have CYA, I wanted to hit it with Liquid Bleach.

My crew is coming out today to dump in 20lbs of salt, not sure if it will have any effect on Stab or Liquid Chlorine?

30 is close enough to use with an error range of +/- 10% of the test accuracy. Salt additions will not effect your CYA or FC. Hopefully it will effect FC when you fire up your SWG!

You can pour that sample back and forth a couple times and "second guess" your first reading too.

30 is close enough to use with an error range of +/- 10% of the test accuracy. Salt additions will not effect your CYA or FC. Hopefully it will effect FC when you fire up your SWG!

You can pour that sample back and forth a couple times and "second guess" your first reading too.

I actually did that.... same results.... just added 4lbs of stab and ~1/2 jug of Liquid Chlorine.... that would get me to around 4-5 PPM of FC and 70 CYA.

Was that 20# or 200#? Pool Math show 251# so 200# would bring you up to 200ppm. But better to ease up to it than having to do a partial drain.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.