Cleaning SWG

Jul 27, 2016
Wesley Chapel
Hi all,

We had the pool refinished with pebble sheen. When I took the SWG out to clean I noticed there are little pebbles stuck inside the plates. I have tried forcing them out with a hose but they are stuck in there. SWG is working fine though. SHould I be concerned? Is there anything I can do to get them out? They aren't filled with them and flow seems fine but there are a handful stuck in there. I am wondering it they will damage the plates.

Thanks,

Greg

Chinese and Popsicles for dessert. Now that's something I can get behind. I guess the question I have is how are they getting in there? Is your SWG put inline after the filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that is what worried me. Yes, the SWG is after the filter - it is the last piece of equipment water flows through before heading out to the returns - so I am not sure how they could make it all the way to the SWG. We had the filters grids changed when we had the pool refinished. (Haywood DE filter - 4820). Odd??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.