Signed the contract and looking at products:)

We live north of St. Augustine, Florida and signed our contract last week. The PB came out this week to draw out the shape and see if any adjustments need to be made. We have changed a couple of things around and are awaiting the real blueprint/cad designs.
I'm in charge of coordinating pool pavers, tiles etc except for the pool finish of Pebble Tec Midnight Blue. Anyone out there have a dark blue finish that used pavers not travertine? Love to see pix. I'll post specs and drawings when I sort out photobucket. Can't wait to get this started!!!

Thanks! I do find it stressful but I know in the end we'll be thrilled to just have a pool so I shouldn't get so freaked out. Do you have any issues with the travertine coping? We're doing then SWG and I read there can be problems but I've never seen someone post an actual problem.

We have an SWG but the pool is only a month old. I did extensive research before making the decision though and I fee pretty confident that we won't have any issues. We do intend to seal the coping at least once every few years but I think it would be okay even without. Read as many build threads as you can. We just got the salt added last week and man the water feels great!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have any issues with the travertine coping? We're doing then SWG and I read there can be problems but I've never seen someone post an actual problem.

Bingo! Tons of people have SWCG's and natural stone, but where are all the pics of the deterioration? VERY few and far between.

We're in NW St Johns county and are getting ready to start our build. We're doing pavers with a med blue finish (Sunstone Blue Pearl). A friend of mine has a fairly dark finish and also did pavers. PM me and I can send you a picture of his,if you'd like to take a look.

Hi mothershipp here are a few suggestions
Congrats, some suggestions if I may?
1. Speaking from experience. Put in a double door on one of the sides. I only had one door and ended up putting in a double door and another single door on the opposite side. I should have listened to my wife
2. Plan on plumbing electrical and water for a future summer kitchen.
3. Plan on adding solar and heat pump in your equipment pad.
4. Make sure that you have a very large equipment pad.
5. Put in water spigots in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
6. Put in electrical outlets in all 4 corners of the screen cage both inside and outside the screen cage.
7. Go with a large outdoor space as possible. We have 1800sq ft of pavers and we wish we did a larger space. You will be quite surprised how much room tables chairs and lounges take up.
8. Run conduits for speaker wires if you plan on wired speakers.
9. Put in footers for future screen cage. Some people do not like the pool cage however we believe in it as we swim a lot at nighttime.
Look at the 3 links in my signature bar for ideas. Post lots of pics:p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
"I should have listened to my wife"...actually my husband is quite brilliant and the best at planning these kinds of things. He's currently in the back forty taking out trees and will be grinding stumps soon. I'm laid on up on the sofa with back and hip issues staring at pictures trying to figure out the colors for the pool stuff. I wish the PB had Garanimal tags on stuff to make it easier to match!!! We were going for a warm and inviting tropical space and I had that sorted out but when my husband changed the pool finish (it's a beautiful color though) my plans fell apart. Any suggestions for a midnight blue PT finish?

A little about us and where we live. We have 7 year old triplets (BBG) who are fantastic swimmers and have a lot of friends to come over and swim. We also have a large family in town to visit and my MIL down the street. We have 5 dogs between us so our pool area needs to be fun and functional. Our house is a medium tan color and the pool will be screened in going back about 37 ft. Pool runs 34 feet across the length of the house with a 3 ft walkway on other side leading to a landing on one side with waterfall and a spa on the other. We have a covered porch that is 8 x15 and the rest is open under the screen.

There are so many beautiful pools on this site and I'm trying to garner inspiration from them. I've learned so much already and I appreciate any suggestions you have.

Hi Frequent Flier! That's great! There's a few more around here in the Jax area that are getting started or are in the process. Is there a company you are leaning towards more for any particular reason?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey BrentR, I have seen your suggestions several times on here and thought they were words well heeded. One of my long term concerns is the summer kitchen. We haven't planned for one really as my husband kids are vegetarians so we haven't grilled out since our triplets were born. Personally, I think we'd be ok with a grill but as a mom the appeal of a a small kitchen/bar area has a lot of things going for it. We aren't doing gas for the spa, we are doing a heat pump. Can I still buy or have a small outdoor kitchen built and use the gas tanks you pick up at the grocery store??

Mothershipp, yes you can have a small outdoor kitchen built and use gas tanks you pick up at the grocery store. BTW the wife loves to grill vegetables especially corn on the cob:D

Hi!!!! Triplets????? You have your hands full. At least at this age they can do most things on their own (not that they will :trolleys:).

I would love to see a pic of the area the pool is going in so we can see what you are dealing with.

Also share your equipment list so we can look over it.

:kim:

"I should have listened to my wife"...actually my husband is quite brilliant and the best at planning these kinds of things. He's currently in the back forty taking out trees and will be grinding stumps soon. I'm laid on up on the sofa with back and hip issues staring at pictures trying to figure out the colors for the pool stuff. I wish the PB had Garanimal tags on stuff to make it easier to match!!! We were going for a warm and inviting tropical space and I had that sorted out but when my husband changed the pool finish (it's a beautiful color though) my plans fell apart. Any suggestions for a midnight blue PT finish?

A little about us and where we live. We have 7 year old triplets (BBG) who are fantastic swimmers and have a lot of friends to come over and swim. We also have a large family in town to visit and my MIL down the street. We have 5 dogs between us so our pool area needs to be fun and functional. Our house is a medium tan color and the pool will be screened in going back about 37 ft. Pool runs 34 feet across the length of the house with a 3 ft walkway on other side leading to a landing on one side with waterfall and a spa on the other. We have a covered porch that is 8 x15 and the rest is open under the screen.

There are so many beautiful pools on this site and I'm trying to garner inspiration from them. I've learned so much already and I appreciate any suggestions you have.

I have 7 year old twin boys. Love the world of multiples. 7 has become a fun age! Have you seen my PB? We have a Deep Sea Blue which is similar to the color you're looking at. Maybe see some of our finished pictures and if you like any of the selections? Any ideas for the plan yet? I'm with Kim. Would love to see the space and ideas for the look you're going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok so I got it to work...yaaayyyy! A little info on this one. This pic is from before the final HOA draft which isn't correct and we need to have adjusted. The picture should have a sheer descent waterfall on the left side. We have also moved the doggie shelf and stairs to across from the chaises. First step shelf, second shelf will be a wrap bench to the spa and third step is just a step. Two bubblers for the dogs and kids to play with. The area will also have a screened lanai around all of it...we have preserve/woods behind us that are loaded with mosquitoes, yellow flies, and horseflies.

I'm working on uploading some other pix of the equipment list and potential pavers and tiles.

Any suggestions please make them before we do our final submission to the HOA and then the county. Everyone here is so helpful. Thank you!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.