Signed the contract and looking at products:)

I agree with Kim! If you were to look at what you wrote through someone else's eyes, you'd tell the author to RUN!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree, start looking for another builder. Not sure if you did this but I would check with neighbors who have pools and ask them for references.

I agree, start looking for another builder. Not sure if you did this but I would check with neighbors who have pools and ask them for references.

Our neighbors did use the same builder. The first neighbor to use them didn't care for the sales guy (same as ours) but wanted the builder so they requested a different sales guy for the build out. Our other neighbor requested their sales guy. I'm soft hearted and optimistic and I thought he couldn't be that difficult but I was wrong. Every time we've asked for a change or to add something he's been slow and difficult about providing the changes. He was no help with making design choices (tile, pavers etc) so if we decide to use another builder I'm ok with it. I'm actually looking forward to it. This can be stressful but it should also be fun and exciting to plan.

At least you have some more experience and now you can ask better questions. One of our regrets is the placement or our pool light however we have learned to live with it. We wanted to light up the sheer descent however it is shining directly at the house and sometime I get a glare but now it does not seem noticeable.

Mothershipp,

Without knowing much on the details I can tell you from my own experience, the sales person is what made all the difference for us. She was there to help kick-off things at the site, yelled at the workers when something needed to be done and made the point to check the progress from time to time to avert issues. She was responsive to changes and was true to her word. I can't say enough and without someone doing some of these things, I am sure the experience would have been way different. Best of luck in choosing your next PB.

At least you have some more experience and now you can ask better questions. One of our regrets is the placement or our pool light however we have learned to live with it. We wanted to light up the sheer descent however it is shining directly at the house and sometime I get a glare but now it does not seem noticeable.

Thanks Brentr, there are lots of things like that were not on our plan. looking forward to a fresh start.

Mothershipp,

Without knowing much on the details I can tell you from my own experience, the sales person is what made all the difference for us. She was there to help kick-off things at the site, yelled at the workers when something needed to be done and made the point to check the progress from time to time to avert issues. She was responsive to changes and was true to her word. I can't say enough and without someone doing some of these things, I am sure the experience would have been way different. Best of luck in choosing your next PB.

From your signature I think I know who you used and she was good. I'm kicking myself for not using a different sales person at the builder. We'll know better the next time and use the person we feel we can work best with. I know products can make a difference but overall he relationship between PB and client can be as important as product brands.

Thanks for for your input. I appreciate it.

My husband received a call from the builder today and they have worked out our issues. He hadn't completely reviewed the our build notes and when he did he realized we were right and that we hadn't had proper contact and service He is going to handle the remainder of our pool plans as we have county approval to obtain the build permit. Fingers crossed folks!!!

Been Out of town for a few days so just catching up again. Sorry to hear about all the problems with your PB. Sounds like you've got it on the right track again but I wanted to chime in on the finish question. When we first started looking I was completely sold on the Wet Edge finish but as I started doing a lot of research I came to the conclusion that there are definitely a number of very very good pebble finishes out there. We ended up going with CLI Sunstone Pearl which also has a lifetime warranty when applied by a qualified pool finish installer. There is one installer in Jax that does the plastering for a whole bunch of different pool builders including ours so we'll have the warranty and the piece of mind of a quality finish company. The experts here can share their thoughts but every bit of research I came across said that the quality of the finish is much more about the guys doing it than the specific brand of product they're using. I don't want to break any rules so I won't mention names but feel free to PM me if you'd like the info on the finish guy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been Out of town for a few days so just catching up again. Sorry to hear about all the problems with your PB. Sounds like you've got it on the right track again but I wanted to chime in on the finish question. When we first started looking I was completely sold on the Wet Edge finish but as I started doing a lot of research I came to the conclusion that there are definitely a number of very very good pebble finishes out there. We ended up going with CLI Sunstone Pearl which also has a lifetime warranty when applied by a qualified pool finish installer. There is one installer in Jax that does the plastering for a whole bunch of different pool builders including ours so we'll have the warranty and the piece of mind of a quality finish company. The experts here can share their thoughts but every bit of research I came across said that the quality of the finish is much more about the guys doing it than the specific brand of product they're using. I don't want to break any rules so I won't mention names but feel free to PM me if you'd like the info on the finish guy.

All of what they said ^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!

-SO glad things are working out! Keep us in the loop!

-The people, living, breathing people are what REALLY matters with the plaster! Their skills can make or break the plaster install!

-PLEASE do PM ddjax to get contact info for just in case or to make sure YOU get the good ones!

:hug: we are rooting for you and your pool!

Kim:kim:

Thanks ddjax, I think by your finish and products I know who your builder is and they have a great and well deserved reputation. They were on our short list but the one thing I wanted was Pebble Tec so I'm getting what I wanted with some bumps in the road but I think we'll be ok.
I'm excited to see your build out. What was done while you gone?

- - - Updated - - -

All of what they said ^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!

-SO glad things are working out! Keep us in the loop!

-The people, living, breathing people are what REALLY matters with the plaster! Their skills can make or break the plaster install!

-PLEASE do PM ddjax to get contact info for just in case or to make sure YOU get the good ones!

:hug: we are rooting for you and your pool!

Thanks Kim, I'll follow up with ddjax to make sure we get the good ones. We don't need anymore bad mojo on this build!!!!

Just a follow up on our meeting with the builder...this meeting was everything we have not had...attention to detail, happy to answer questions, explained the upcoming processes and got everything right on our site plan. We feel relieved and comfortable with everything. We picked out our pavers, waterline tile and some glass step tile to get them ordered. In my excitement i forgot to take a picture but we are using Belgrade Mega-Cambridge in Aragon for our pavers, Noble Tile's Bourges for the waterline and Noble Tile's Toulouse glass for step marker on the doggie deck (sun shelf).

We are part of the way through the county permit process. Hoping to have them out do the new draw out/forms next week with the dig soon after. Thanks for all the encouragement the last couple of weeks. I'll post some pix as we move along.

That is awesome to hear! Did you want to cry happy tears of relief?? :hug: to you for what you had to go through to get here!

What color of Noble tiles Toulouse glass? There are many pretty ones!

It is the Toulouse Turquoise but the website picture doesn't do it justice. I had picked out a whitish irridescent tile by Onix called Geoglass ( there are pix on a previous page of this thread) from a local tile warehouse but we decided to do a contrast just not so bright and shiny.

Now to wait patiently....lol...

There is NO way for a pic to do justice to BLING like that! I can't wait to see it on your pool. Think about getting some extra to add to a bench on the patio for extra BLING!

Interesting idea!!!! Actually, I wanted it on the doggie deck, stairs, and wrap bench but the builder said it might look busy. I'm still thinking I want it...it's usually the way I see it in pix and I think it would look weird only on the doggie deck. Opinions??

I like your ideas. You can lay it out once your gunite is shot to see how it will look. Go buy some cheap tile at Lowes to play with to give you the overall idea. You can play with how to set it up. 4 1x1 tiles set at an angle or straight spaced ?? apart, the tiles side by side in a line, the tiles set with spaces between them but still in a line..........so many ways to do it.

I think there should be some kind of "edge marker" for steps and benches BUT that is me. Others do not like it. I see it as a way to add BLING to a pool.

So when I picked out the white irridescent tile locally it was $23 a square foot sheet. (It's buttered and frost proof, too) the nice lady there said technically I should be able to get 6 linear ft out of each squ ft sheet. If I do the shelf, benches, step I believe it came to 47 linear feet plus some waste so I rounded it to 60 linear ft.

The the cost from the local shop is $23 x 10 sheets=$ 230. Am I right so far? Math is not my strong point.

The builder suggested doing just the shelf ( which I am not content with) and he thought the white one might be too bold of a choice and I picked out one of their selections that is $10 a linear foot. So I spend more per linear ft and I don't get what I want....hmmmmm. I found the same glass tile they offer on another website for much less so I'm thinking I'll tell him I'll find my own and I want it on all the surfaces I asked for. I want some bling darn it!!!!!

Who has to live with the pool? Who is paying for the pool? THAT is who should be saying what goes where!

The tile from them or from online.......does their cost include labor? That could make the online tile a deal breaker. Also think about the shipping for the online.

Get what YOU want, WHERE you want it. Get your BLING!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.