Signed the contract and looking at products:)

Love it! Can't wait to see finial design! Make sure all of the old design is shredded! We have seen where a sub will use an old plan. No one has clue how they got THAT one but ............causes many problems.

Shot and share a pic of where it is going in real life. We love to see it all!

:kim:

I am not very technical so this is painful and slow going LOL!!! This is part of the backyard. That's my amazing husband and Buster our newish puppy of 9 months. He's a doll.

This is NOT our pool but one our PB took us to view the Midnight Blue Pebble Tec finish.It's on the beach and its a beautiful view:)

This is a pic a friend took when recently in California in Carmel. I love the color of the ocean as it looks like the pool finish my husband chose. Trying to use it for inspiration for pavers and tile etc.

Kim I will keep that in mind as that kind of thing has happened with our HOA docs already. We've changed so much of our plans in the last 4 months it's ridiculous. I'm still not completely satisfied with it but I'm not sure whats bothering me. Thanks for looking and helping me find ways to spend more money, LOL!!!

Buster is a BorderJack that we got from a shelter near Gainsville. He's an awesome dog. I'm hoping he really likes the pool?

Love my hubby...smart, tolerates my absent-mindedness and has amazing hair! The trees were a gift from my trips on Mother's Day a few years ago. We are going to put some on the back fence line and keep them trimmed back as shade for the dogs but not too big as they are so messy. (When it's windy it looks like it's snowing as they are all white crepe myrtles. It's beautiful!)

I'll post the stats/equipment later tonight. I think I may do that as a separate thread. Is that ok? Don't want to get in trouble with the pool police?

Hey Marla, I absolutely LOVE crepe myrtles but after having them for 5 years I'd tear them out in a heart beat. The leaves, flower pods etc are a pain in the patootie!!!!!! We will have a big cage over the pool so I'm not too worried about it plus we won't have any within 20 ft of the cage. We're going to move a couple back towards the fence by the ligustrums and keep all of it pruned back to hedge height with the myrtles just a touch higher, more ornamental than trees. Now if my husband can secretly take out some tall pines from the preserve behind our house I'd be really happy. Every big storm I think ones going to take out our house!!!

Let's keep all of your stuff in this thread. It makes life easier to keep the whole "story" together unless you have a reason to want to split the thread up.

Lol on the nice hair....my hubby still has a full head of hair and I love it. Not sure how he has not pulled it all out over some of the stuff and ideas I come up with :rolleyes:

Very cool! Can't wait to see the updated pictures as I was having a little trouble visualizing the changes described. I totally understand about how many changes to the original plan you go through. I was making changes right up until dig day and driving my builder crazy!

Please post the tiles and such you're considering. I'm pretty sure those can change though. HOA generally doesn't care about aesthetics inside the pool. It's the dimensions and features they most want to know about. If you still aren't 100%, keep looking at other pools! Like I said, I made changes all the way to dig day and I'm so glad I did. As long as it's close (and not over any build lines), HOA should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Things were super busy the last two weeks...husband out of town for work for two weeks. I submitted our dox to the HOA and it's been approved. We have a couple of minor tweaks to the design (more the shallow end down a foot to help accommodate the change in position of the doggie diving shelf and add a wrap bench from their to the spa).

I'm going to add the specs for the pool and then add in pix:)

Freeform 20 x 33.6
Depth 3.6 to 6.6 (our kids love to dive and we're all tall. I could easily be talked into a starting depth of 4 and go to 7/8 ft)
Shotcrete with Midnight Blue Pebble Tec interior PLUS ABALONE (every time there is a real problem I'm asking for another bag wink, wink!!!)

Equipment
Candy JEP variable 8 speed pump sized per code
Filter:Jandy cartridge CS150
Skimmer-one
Main drains-two
Wall returns: Three Revolutionary deep heat wall returns
Two Jandy color LED lights, one 9w LED light in doggie dive zone
Stub for robot
Salt System Jandy Aquapure salt chlrine generator
Gravity overflow
Two slash down bubblers

Spa
7 Ft
Spa Depth 3'-"
Spa Elevation Raised 12"
Therapy Jets-6 (going to ask for one more)
Air blower: 1.5 h.p.
Jandy spa color LeD light
Heater-Jandy T3000 heat pump for pool and spa
Spa spillway-tiled
Controller Jandy Aquiline One Touch RS4 controller plus spa side remote

Raised pool beam 6"to 12" with tile and 3' sheer descent waterfall

610 square ft of pavered deck plus covered deck of 152 sql ft.

I'm so excited that things are finally really moving. Hoping to have a "wet" Christmas this year!!!

Posting a few possible tile and paver selections...trying to keep the pavers/coping lighter colored and the tile either blue or blue with brown tones.

The color our pool will be

Tiles i love that i found online

Slightly different pool pavers with a tile my husband really likes. I like that it glitters in the light some and we can use it on the raised spa and waterfall line.

Beautiful Fujiwa tile i found locally....so expensive though!!!

This is where we will probably end up...Belgard Aragon pavers in mega cambridge, blue tile with swirly color that ties into pavers and then the shimmery toe tile below this pic:

Does anyone have an opinion on Belgrade? Their stuff looks nice online but they are newer to our Tremron dominated market and I don't know anyone who has used them. Our builder has started to carry them along with Wet Edge to increase their options. I spoke to the local Belgrade rep yesterday after going to see their factory yesterday. He's been the most helpful in picking out pavers and suggestions than anyone at our builders.
I've spent way too much time trying to find stuff I like and I'm confident in my builder but the design aspect has been less than i liked. Do people know exactly what they want when they order a pool? It seems like if you don't have pix and unlimited money its pretty much just sort it out by digging around the showroom.

No matter what we choose though it's going to be better than the pool we have now...which is none. My amazing husband cleared all the crepe myrtles out in the last few days and I found local folks to take them and give them homes. Makes my heart happy to give my mother's day trees a second chance. Let me know what you think and how to spend more money folks!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I really like what you will be ending up with! That toe tile will be neat against the darker plaster. Make sure you have some say in what grout and mastic they use when they put them one. With them being clear/light that will really impact their finial look.

Thanks Kimkats! I'm a bit peeved as we had requested a couple of changes that weren't pertinent in our HOA dox (according to PB) and I emailed the builder to confirm those changes had been made (after HOA approval)for the county drawings and they haven't. He's got the old stuff on them and they are Going to have to redo them. And there's a hurricane coming...perspective, huh???

You will have to really be on all of the subs when they start to make sure they have the NEW plans...........for some reason PB tend to not shred the old plans and they seem to find their way to the subs to use :shock: I would have copies (many of them) of the NEW plans to hand out as each sub comes to the site.

So I'm wondering if Hurricane Mathew is going to put us behind...we evacuated from the storm on Thursday to the west coast of Florida (and on a side note Pebble Tec Sandy Beach looks exactly like the beach out here in Ft. Walton, it is gorgeous). Our PB is located on 3rd St. at Jacksonville Beach. Have no idea if it's even still there or was flooded. I sent an email and FB message to see how they are but haven't heard anything yet. I wonder if the need to rebuild so much of our state and coastline may impact the ability to get building materials or drive up costs.

Anyone else out there have natural disaster issues that affected their build? We're supposed to start our dig in late October...��. Happy it wasn't worse here but just curious. Our house is ok as far as we know but we just got power back today. Time to head home.

Just be glad they had not dug the hole yet! That would be a MESS! I would hold off on doing anything until you can ask about your very valid concerns-$ and availability.

I am glad you have power and hope all is well. I hope you empty your freezer before you left-----yuck!

Kim:kim:

My PB had dug the hole at the start of the week prior to Matthew. it definitely made a high stress situation more stressful but surprisingly everything came out OK. On Wednesday before the storm they sunk six well points to pump out some of the ground water. Since we didn't lose power during the storm (miraculously!) the pump kept working the entire time. They hadn't done any of the rebar yet so they were able to strategically fill some of the dirt back in and then covered up the exposed walls with heavy duty plastic sheeting. It worked! The walls stayed in tact and they're back to finishing the dig today and should get going on the steel tomorrow. Hoping we don't see any more like Matthew for a while.

That's awesome ddjax!!! So glad it didn't ruin your the beginning of your build. We had some fence come down in the back of the yard and parts of our fence are saying so I think my husband will be working to get those back up right this week. Everything else seems in good order though. Love the change in weather yesterday. Gorgeous day!!!!

We're to have tile/pavers picked out this week and I think we're pretty much there. They need to submit to county but they haven't fixed the error on the drawings yet about pulling the pool back a foot. Granted we had a hurricane so I'm not knocking them just haven't heard anything yet.

We have picked a house color so that helps with coordinating the pavers a bit better. Now to make sure our house painter isn't overwhelmed with too many other jobs;) Can't wait to see how your dig developes this month... I'll be watching closely:)

Thanks Mothershipp, It took us about 3 weeks to get the permit from St. Johns county after submission, hope yours is quicker. Agree completely on the weather, amazing how nice it gets AFTER the hurricane blows through! Talked to my PB this morning and they are planning to shoot the shell Thursday. I'll try to start a new build thread over the next day or two so I can post some pics. Good luck with your painter!

So after not hearing anything from the PB I drove out there (45 minutes away) to return paver samples and talk to them about the change on the pool that hasn't been addressed. Things went ok except for talking about charging us for re-submitting to the county when we've been asking for this for weeks. The sales guy thought we wanted the pool to go out towards the screen a foot but didn't bother to ask us about it, just thought it wouldn't work so he had it submitted to county anyway. They have us with a late October dig date and are trying to keep to schedule but my husband is adamant on the issue. PB tried to tell me how long it would take to re-do the drawings and then have to re-submit etc...this is there problem for not speaking to us about it and submitting it anyway. Anyone else have any guidance on this?

They also had changed their software (for the better) and they printed me a plan of the pool currently in submission and one as we'd like it but we noticed some things weren't right and after going home and discussing with my husband we wrote down the issues and I called the PB back and said I'd email them over. I try to keep a lot of discussions in email to cover us in case there are problems.

The PB called me and mentioned that the things we noticed were easily correctable and not a big deal to the county if changed after submission. Examples are number of returns (one on plan but three on our sales agreement)number and placement of lights, step in the spa (never discussed), one area reads gas heater and another electric... Kind of little things but my husband is detailed oriented and we don't to get screwed by it later. And if these things are changeable so easy after county approval then changing the size by a foot should be just as easy, right???

If anyone has words of advice I'd love to hear them. Good thing is I borrowed a different paver option and some waterline tile so we're set there:) Something positive came out of today...yay!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.