Cloudy Pool and TFPC Not Working for me

Aug 31, 2016
shreveport La
Moderator comment: 3 Threads merged together, it may seem a little disjointed at first

Hello everyone, I'm Connie, here in Shreveport, La dealing with loads of rain. I'm a Newby pool owner 18k water size. Am so desperately trying to learn how to treat my pool. Had terrible green water/cleared that up but can't get it crystal clear???

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Cloudy water "(
I'm a pool newbie, 18kg/24ft round above ground.
Got the green out but can't get past the cloudyness. Can someone recommend what kind of pool test kit I need to buy and where thank you so much

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Here's where I got mine:

TFTestkits.net

This one is great, enough chemicals for multiple tests.

I became a supporter of TFP as well, and got a discount!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, if you can put all the details of your pool in your signature (see mine) it will help people to help you. Lastly, you'll want to start a thread asking for help for your particular problem.

I'm so upset that I can't get the bbb to work for me I could cry! 24 round pool, water refuses to be clear. Just when I think I'm seeing progress I get in and it turns green as if all gunk is sitting in bottom being stirred up.

Extremely frustrated.
I.used 6 bags of walmart shock, 2 big boxes of soda and still nothing. I must have spent $100 in bleach just the past month.

- - - Updated - - -

What does "cya" mean?

hi kountrygal,

sorry for the frustration, but, and pls,don't take this rudely (from one louisianian to another) if you don't know what cya is you can't possibly be following the BBB method. and you definitely would not be putting Walmart shock in your pool.

I suggest you read pool school until you have a full understanding of what's going on...and don't be scared, it took me 2-3 times to fully understand, but once you do, it will be awesome. do you have a test kit? and if so, which one?

edit: *full...my bad lol

The good news is that there are some clear aspects of your approach that jump out to us. Which means that the rules of the science world have not been suspended for your pool and relief will be easily attainable so long as you have some POP left. That's Pool Owner Patience.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.