Going from ColorLogic light to a Pentair Amerilite

Oct 14, 2009
My ColorLogic Led light is dead and has to be replaced. The cost for a new ColorLogic was over $1,000. My pool service man said we could replace it with a Pentair Amerilite. Will that work? It is about 1/2 the cost.

Thanks for your help!

The cost for the Hayward Colorlogic is around $400. Tell him to reduce his installation cost. The Pentair is around $200. You need to be sure it will fit in your niche, but your pool guy should handle that.

How old is the light. You may have a warranty claim with Hayward if you have other products you purchased at the same time.

Note the Pentair warranty is only one year also.

You might want to check out the Color Splash XG series made by J&J electronics. They have a 3 yr warranty. We have had ours in for about a month so no long term feedback, but we like them so far. http://jandjpoolspa.com/ColorSplashFixture.html I called them before I bought them and they said they are serviceable if you're familiar with electronics.

BTW, I'm not associated with J&J, just have some in my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.