Choosing a robot for an AGP

vivCDG

Aug 23, 2016
Fair Lawn, NJ
Hi, everyone. Need some advice and direction. I've done some digging in the threads and articles and a lot of the discussion I see have been for IG pool cleaners. I've searched online pool retailers and checked the specs. Seeing that Dolphin is well spoken of in this forum, I am looking closely at the Dolphin Escape (aka Active 10/S50/E-10) which is recommended for AGP.

Thoughts or advice? Responses from anyone who has an AGP with a robot would be greatly appreciated. Which robot are you guys using and how long have you owned it? How is it on the liner?

Just tired of using the vacuum only to see the dirt settle once the pump is off.

Thanks so much.

Bought a Pool Rover Jr 3 years and it died early summer this year (erratic reverse mostly no reverse). Replaced with a newer version of the same and noticed right away it moved a whole lot slower. Hopefully this one lasts longer than 2 1/2 summers. It does work great in my 15x30 AGP except for around the edges where there's some debris settling. Hate having to spend any more than $250 for a robot..even though I have spent significantly more than that now total.

After 24 years of vacuuming, bought a Dolphin S50. Have ran it twice so far and it works great. Have 24ft ABG pool with stairs. It does get hung up around the stairs and I have to push it off. But I don't mind that love it so far. Time will tell.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I've had the Dolphin Escape for a couple of weeks and so far, I'm quite satisfied. It does pick up fine dirt and sand, I've had to clean up quite a bit from the filter and they were not so visible in the pool. It also handles leaves and bugs very well. It even attempts to climb up the walls, almost up to the water line but it due to the curved walls, it backs down.

The cord has a floating bouy that keeps it from tangling in the water.

So far, I'm really pleased with my purchase.

Last edited:
Kneichko,

My Nautilus Plus does climb the walls. Now my liner is folded over the pool walls and held down by the rails. With this type of liner, there is no problem with seams. If yours attaches differently, then I can not say for sure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.