Taking averages of readings

joecoyle

Bronze Supporter
Hi

So i am waiting on international shipping for my TF 100 refills. Cost me an arm and a leg... but the package could still be another 2-3 weeks.

In the mean time, I am testing using the K2006 colour chart and the Scuba II.

Yesterday i shocked the pool to ~9 ppm FC because i noticed some slight cloudy/milky water. This morning the pool is a lot better, not perfect, but, getting there.

I'm really not sure about the Scuba II results, and whether to just return it for a refund... I tested at one end of my pool today and got a reading of 3.7. That seemed to drop very quickly from 9 overnight, so i tested the other end of the pool and got a reading of 5.6. And for the sake of it, I took a reading from the middle of the pool and got 4.9.

What on earth is my FC level? Should I take an average of the three?

Is it really possible to get 3 different readings from 3 different parts of the pool?

I hope FedEx get a wiggle on with my TF100 refills. I miss my FAS/DPD test!

Thanks
Joe

Hi

So i am waiting on international shipping for my TF 100 refills. Cost me an arm and a leg... but the package could still be another 2-3 weeks.

In the mean time, I am testing using the K2006 colour chart and the Scuba II.

Yesterday i shocked the pool to ~9 ppm FC because i noticed some slight cloudy/milky water. This morning the pool is a lot better, not perfect, but, getting there.

I'm really not sure about the Scuba II results, and whether to just return it for a refund... I tested at one end of my pool today and got a reading of 3.7. That seemed to drop very quickly from 9 overnight, so i tested the other end of the pool and got a reading of 5.6. And for the sake of it, I took a reading from the middle of the pool and got 4.9.

What on earth is my FC level? Should I take an average of the three?

Is it really possible to get 3 different readings from 3 different parts of the pool?

I hope FedEx get a wiggle on with my TF100 refills. I miss my FAS/DPD test!

Thanks
Joe

Did you wait a few minutes and retest at the same spot(s)? It's hard to assume you're getting an accurate reading at all without some calibration. Test once, wait five minutes and test the same spot again. If your readings are identical then I'd give the Scuba ii a bit more credibility. Otherwise it's just a random mess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.