New (first) pool!

cjpwalker

Silver Supporter
Sep 1, 2016
Yakima, WA
First post - hi, guys. Looks like lots of good info here!

It's been a pretty exciting (and sometimes very slow moving) 6 weeks around here. The kids got to go in the pool for the first time this last weekend. Since then, they cut in the returns, and made the final connections to get the pump, filter, and heat going. The power cover got delayed, but should show up any day now. And speaking of power cover, as of July 1st, the county adopted the new codes, so I don't have to rebuild my neighbor's fence, or alarm my windows - woot!

Looks like I'm pretty fortunate - our water rates are 1.92 per hundred cuft after fees and before taxes, so I figure it will cost me maybe an add'l 50 bucks on my next water bill to fill the 16,000 gallon pool. Sewer is flat rated, and not based on the meter.

Here's a pic of the pool:

View attachment 54025

Hmm... sorry for the tiny pic - having trouble with attachments here - looks allowed storage is pretty limited.

Hey there CJPWalker! :) Glad to have ya here! I've actually been to Yakima once decades ago as a teen....oh the memories <deep sigh>

Pool looks good! I hope the heater will give your kids a lot of swimming time left this year. The cover is going to help too.

Got your nifty difty TFP approved test kit yet? There are two we recommend because they give precise, accurate results which is important when you're trying to provide advice online to know you're both speaking the same "language". The TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006 available your way at Pool Supplies, Spa Supplies and Parts or Amazon, or from tftestkits.net

Holler back if you have any questions about your new pool! :paddle:

Yip :flower:

Welcome to TFP! Nice pool!

Lots of folks host pics on Photobucket, copy the IMG code to the right of the pic, paste it opinion your post and that will embed your pic in your thread.

Or

Get more storage and other cool perks by CLICKING HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Thank you!

So, here's some construction pics. Still waiting on the cover to arrive.

Taylor K2006 kit is ordered, and my 2-day prime shipping will put it here Tuesday...

I'm really looking forward to trying the methods here in the pool school right off the bat. My contractor came over the other evening to get things started, and gave me a pile of chemicals, with instructions of 8oz of this, 4 oz of that, 8 oz of the other per week, plus a bag of that... I've been reading through the pool school here, and this look alot better than throwing massive amounts of chemicals at the pool every week. Thanks for all of the info!

Great looking pool! We built our first pool this past spring, and TFP is great for learning about everything pool related, especially maintaining the pool. Follow the advice and you can keep it looking crystal clear like your pics and can save big $$ over what the pool stores want to sell you and from potentially mis-managed pool from a pool service. My biggest regret was not finding it before my pool install, as I would have chosen some different components at install (have already replaced a couple of things).

Welcome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.