TF100 First Test!

Aug 23, 2016
Riverside, CA
Hey Guys!

Good evening! I just received my TF-100 with Speed Stir and have ran my first test. Very thorough and was happy to be able to do this at home verses the dreaded pool store!

Here's the results:

FC- 7
CC- 1
TC- 8
pH- 7.2-7.5 (A little hard to tell!)
TA- 120
CH- 275
CYA- 35-40 (A little hard to tell!)

A little history: Bought the house last September, had a pool guy that was highly expensive and suppose to be great. Rarely ever vacuumed, only put tabs in, yeah- not fun. Pool looked good, but was in bad shape chemically (I caught him on camera! ha!) So, I knew when moving in, pool water was old- appx 15 years. So, we decided to do a R/O treatment to the water. (The old water WAS: FC-3, pH-7.8, TA-160, CH-600, CYA-200. TDS were over 2300.) The R/O person added chemicals to rebalance the pool once finished (conditioner, soda, and chlorine?). All in all the water greatly improved!

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

Except for the CC, the numbers look good.

The CC might be due to letting the FC solution set too long before testing it. If you let it sit, it will turn pink and give you a false CC reading.

Testing for CC immediately following FC is the best practice.

Ok Guys! Thanks for the feedback! I haven't been able to be on since Thursday, so I'll post today's and Thursday's readings (Please note that we had a pool party and I added the chlorine after before testing Thursday)

Today: 9/4/16
FC- 9
CC- 0
TC- 9
pH- 7.5
TA- 110
CH- 275
CYA- 30

Thursday 9/1:
FC- 11
CC- 0.5
TC- 11.5
pH- 7.5
TA- 120
CH- 250
CYA- 30

I think everything had worked out fine! This time the chlorine (FC) test didn't sit while recording results, I had it spin the whole time then tested the CC. Seemed to be it. Also will wait on chlorine to get back into range. Thanks again guys for everything, let me know what else you think!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.